Insomnia after restaurants - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After eating in certain restaurants, my husband and I both get severe insomnia, as though we drank a pot of coffee.  A "wired" feeling - sometimes we're up most of the night.  There's one place in particular, an expensive local place that everyone always raves about.  I try not to eat there, but since it's so "fabulous," my in-laws like to host meals there for out-of-town guests.  Sometimes I can squeak by on a grilled cheese and cup of soup, but most of the time anything I eat there (even just the famous biscuits) sends me into a tailspin.  I fear that whatever they're putting into their food to make it "famous" is pretty nasty stuff.  It happens at other restaurants too, but so far isn't something I can nail down.

Anybody else have reactions like this to restaurant food?  Were you able to pinpoint what exactly caused it?

#2 of 2 Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

OMG, I thought I might be going nuts.

My 2 year old has this issue! No idea what it could be. He is on a GFCF diet, so when we eat out, he usually gets a burger patty with the veggie fixins and fries or steamed veggies.

Up until he was about 18 or 19 months, he'd wake up in the middle of the night, between 1 and 3 am and be up for at least an hour or two before falling back asleep. There was NOTHING we could find to get him back down sooner. Then he started sleeping through the night and I thought we were home free. But when we ate out at certain places, he'd be up that night. One place we found I love b/c the food is actually good, it's not expensive, and it's kid friendly. But if it's going to keep him up at night, I'm not going back there! 

NO idea what's in the food, though... The servers all swear the burgers are just meat, but maybe the "seasoning" is doing it? MSG?

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page