Should I Wean my Kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-03-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really feeling discouraged here.  Also sort of stupid.  I know compared with some people on here our issues are minor, but I still can't seem to pull it together.  And I feel like a failure and frustrated..  And then I feel silly because really are things THAT bad? I battle because I know that there is something up, and I am terrified of what being in this state chronically is going to do to the kids.  

So the short story is that I clearly have some systemic yeast issues.  I'm pretty sure that those are affecting both my kids.  My son, who is almost 3 definitely has his own issues as well (is it because I caused them by nursing him??).  And DD (4 months) is developing issues now too. I had things pretty well under control for DS and me - not perfect, but under control - until I got pregnant with DD and I was just too tired to keep up with things and our diet spiraled downward.  Then when DD was a month old I got Lyme disease (which I had had before and "kicked" but had both positive IgG and IgM) and being on antibiotics just made things that much worse again.  So with my rate of success/ability to get myself under control, is nursing my kids making things worse for them? I'm really seriously wondering if it would some how be better for them to not have to deal with my issues, or if there is enough benefit to outweigh the cons.  It would absolutely break my heart to do it, but I have this mommy guilt that I can't kick.

Anyone have insight? Or has the damage been done and anything I do to help myself now will help them too?

HappyHappyMommy likes this.

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

#2 of 2 Old 10-06-2013, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

:Hug BabySmurf. You might want to try cross-posting in the Breastfeeding Challenges forum because there are other mamas there (including me) who have dealt with recurring yeast issues. It my situation, the yeast infections didn't affect my DC, but I had a long battle with the yeast, so I empathize with that. Hopefully some other mamas can weigh in with their thoughts. What does your health care provider or your children's HCP advise?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page