Dairy hangover - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[so my dd3 is dairy intolerant ( I suspect allergic but the test was negative) anyway when she does come across dairy her reaction lasts about a week. ( Hives, severe constipation, facial rash, behaviour and lethargy ) We generally don't have any problems but every now and the something will happen for eg last week my great aunt who has terminal cancer came to visit - it may or may not be her last time to see the kids, well she brought dd a cupcake full
Of dairy. I couldn't really say no ( although I wish I had) so any way I have a grotty misbehaving 3 year old this week. Does any one have any tips for getting her back in track sooner, I have had success with some symptoms by getting her onto high protein foods straight away. By the way i know complete abstinence is the way to go but sometimes life just happens yk?

She is also celiac - the cupcake was gluten free.
#2 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

If she has Celiac, many can not tolerate dairy.  How long has she been gluten free?  Usually the intolerance goes away after a while on the GF diet but not necessarily. 

#3 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi she has been gf since may. She had had dairy issues since birth though....
#4 of 4 Old 10-30-2013, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Having been under a year since going GF, I would assume it's part of the Celiac healing kind of thing that needs time after going GF to regain the ability to do dairy.  As for helping move past it, there is nothing I've seen/heard of to speed that process up. Sorry. 

How long after she eats things do the hives show up?  

Tags
Allergies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page