Egg allergy - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-04-2015, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Egg allergy

I have developed an egg allergy. I know what foods to avoid but other things like medications are a different story. I tried doing a google search but no luck. What medications contain egg or a website I can go to?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-08-2015, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Having been dealing with an egg allergy for almost 9 years, I have yet to find a medication with egg in it. They even say that the flu vax which is cultured in egg is safe for those with allergies (vexing issues aside).
#3 of 6 Old 12-22-2015, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll get back to you guys, I was not aware about egg allergy but now I have to study on it.

#4 of 6 Old 01-23-2016, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccines, Yellow fever vaccine and Flu (influenza) vaccines contain egg proteins.
#5 of 6 Old 01-23-2016, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyCan View Post
Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccines, Yellow fever vaccine and Flu (influenza) vaccines contain egg proteins.
All have been approved safe for those with egg allergies.
#6 of 6 Old 01-23-2016, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
A friend of mine has a diary allergy and she has found some useful websites. I would think there would be some for egg as well.

If you need suggestions for replacements for eggs in cooking and baking, vegan sites and recipes may help. My friend looked there when she was still learning about her allergy.

With regard to vaccinations, you are the one taking the risk. My friend got a tetanus shot and had a bad reaction. I don't know how bad "bad" was, but it was enough that she decided not to get another tetanus shot.

Good luck with this!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page