Mothering Forum banner

Allergies?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sonia24 
#1 ·
Hi all my 19 mo old baby cuting 2nd molars. She now has a red watery eye and nose is a bit runny/congested. No fever no cough but sneezing up a storm. we dont like over the counter stuff she is unvaxed and never had antibiotics any ideas if this could be an allergy. we just got a dog about 3 weeks ago?
:

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd watch how long this lasts. Also try monitoring your child while NOT around the dog. My dd developed allergies fairly young and her two biggest symptoms were: her right eye always appeared to have a tear in it and she sneezed frequently. Eventually, she developed a mild night cough, the "shiners" (red circles under her eyes), and the list goes on. She tested positive for cat (which we had and got rid of), among other things. At least if it is the dog, you can consider returning him since he is fairly new to your family. I had my cat for 18 years and it broke my heart to put her asleep even though she was developing kidney failure and other signs of aging. I know you probably have already fallen in love with your dog, but it really only gets worse with your child's allergies if that is what she is reacting to. Maybe you could spend the night at a relative or friend's house who does not have either a cat or dog and see how your baby does there.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.