Please help possible dairy/milk/egg allergy in my 4 yo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2004, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay well I can't even keep track of time but I would say about 3 weeks ago my 4 yo (and everyone else in the household except me) had an upper respitory infection (and my 4 yo had the flu variation or so I thought ) Well everyone is over that finally. But my 4 yo has still been randomly vometing

The past two instances were first on the 23rd we ate dinner with my Dad for an early Christmas celebration and shortly after we ate Julian was complaining that his tummy really hurt, he turned pail and was pacing back and forth and then would have to lay down and so on. He had a little bit of dinner mostly just ham and then he had a 1/2 slice of cheesecake He fell asleep on the way home and seemed to sleep it off by morning.

Then this morning after breakfast is the worst so far. He ate Yogurt and 1 slice of french toast. He has been throwing up ever since I am starting to think he has developed a dairy/milk/cheese/egg I'm not exactly sure since all of those were served this morning allergy.

If so I don't even know where to begin! Who do I take him to see any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2004, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It seems like it might just be some residual affects from the flu but maybe it's more serious. I would start with your pediatrician or if you don't have use one, maybe a naturopath.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
Old 12-29-2004, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding Cathe I ended up calling our insurance and found an Allergist in the area. He is going to be tested on the 13th of January.

He has always been a snotty kid :LOL meaning stuffy/runny nose. I talked this over with my Mom yesterday and asked about food allergies and she allerted me that my sister was allergic to milk as a child. BOY how could I not forget that.......the rancid smell of goats milk in my childhood phhhheeeww~ But that was all that my sis could drink then I guess :LOL

Also I know I had posted that he was only sick those few dates like above but really he has thrown up periodically since three weeks ago. I am starting a food journal for him and have elimintated dairy to see if there are any changes before the 13th. I just want to be sure that he either is, or is not allergic to dairy or eggs yk?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It will be good to know for sure - and that's a good idea to start a food journal. THat will really help with the diagnosis as I understand many of the tests are not that accurate.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
Old 12-30-2004, 10:25 AM

I agree a food journal is a wonderful start. Make sure to allow extra time at the grocery store the first couple of times. It takes ages to read every lable, which is what you have to do. Dairy can creep up in some unexpected places. Allergies are hard, good luck.
Kathryn

User Tag List