Mothering Forum banner

help-wdyt? re:allergy?

515 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JaneS 
#1 ·
I nursed dd and while I did (for 9mths) I ate dairy. Older dd had a questionale milk allergy so we were going to wait until this dd turned 1 yr before giving her dairy(other than BM). She is 11 mths and we suppliment with Nutramigin. The only dairy she has now is maybe breading that comes on chicken. But no milk, yogurt or cheese. Tonight, dh gave her some mac and cheese and her mouth area became immediately red-it lasted abt an hr and she didn't seem uncomfortable or anything. I don't get it?? Any thoughts, thanks. Laura

#2 ·
You can do a skin test on her arm with a dairy product to check for skin reactions.

When it coems to eating challenges, I would test dairy with a whole food product such as just cheese or milk instead of in a mixed food. That is what we were instructed to do by our Naturopath. Then you wait a few days to look for any signs (and check out her diaper too, for any effects!) I would continue to test it gradually by offering one serving, waiting 2-3 days. Then 2 servings of a dairy food in the same day, and waiting another 2-3 days.

Btw, yogurt and cheese tend to be easier to digest than milk, you might want to start with those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.