Allergies/yeast from vaccinations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-03-2005, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 12 mo old has multiple allergies and yeast overgrowth and the only cause we can determine was vaccines (she received all her shots through 6 months). She has never had antibiotics except for gentamycin eye drops for two days at two weeks. Not a soul in either of our famiiesy has allergies. Right now dh and I are reading multiple books and articles on vaccines to determine whether to continue immunizing ( I'm leaning toward stopping). Does anybody else have kids with yeast and allergy problems that they think are a result of immune system impairment from being vaccinated? Her health problems have been such a puzzle that seem to come together piece by piece. Currently reading "What your doc may not tell you about vaccines" by Cave and "What about immunizations?" by Cournoyer. Any other good books on vaccines?
Moneca mom to Sierra gogo baby01/01/04
#2 of 5 Old 01-03-2005, 11:55 AM

This post would get multiple responses on the Vaccine board. Alot of the vaccines have antibiotics, so she had multiple antibiotics.

Also read "How to have a healthy child In Spite of your Doctor". I forget the author's name but the Vaccine Board can be very helpful place about such questions as these
#3 of 5 Old 01-03-2005, 07:18 PM

I have a 2yo daughter with severe eczema triggered by food allergies, and I definitely think that vaccinations are a part of the puzzle. My dd was vaccinated up to 1 year. By vaccinating, we bypass our body's first line of defense- the skin and mucus membanes. Our body works hard to keep the blood stream sterile, and easily fights off most bacterias at the skin level- only a virulent bacteria or living virus is able to get through the first line of defense- but when we vaccinate, we take harmless killed or weakened bacteria or viruses (and lots of other junk) and place it right in the blood stream, and we do this in very young infants, forcing the body to create an immune response to harmless microbes. I personally believe, though I can't back myself up with medical studies or anythink like that, that vaccinating can make the immune system overly sensitized- so it attacks things that aren't a threat, like in my daughter's case, protiens from peanuts, eggs and a numbe of other things.

I don't know about the yeast over growth. You may want to consider that dairy and meat, unless organically grown, are also laced with antibiotics.
#4 of 5 Old 01-03-2005, 07:30 PM

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's battles with allergies and yeast. I have read tons of information about allergies and many believe that vaccinations could be a culprit. My daughter has many food allergies and has never had any vaccinations. However, both my husband and I have allergies. I have found allergies and eczema to be a complex puzzle that may never be figured out.
Good luck in your search.
#5 of 5 Old 01-03-2005, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page