Anyone have experience with Candida and the Candida diet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2005, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
cjr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe I may have a problem with Candida. It seems to fit. Reacuring yeast infections, irritability, abdominal pain, mood swings, low sex drive, no memory or concentration, unable to get my wieght under control (no gaining, no real losses despite rigerous excersize routines). I thought perhaps it was just being overwelmed with a new family member. However, I have yeast infection I can not get rid of (only tried medical ways). I was looking over the diet recomendations and it's pretty similar to a low/no carb diet. I thinks it's kind of funny because after our second dd was born I went on a no carb diet to loose wieght, it worked and I felt the best I have ever felt. I had reacurring yeast infections durring all three of my pg, but did not get them on the low carb thing. When I got pg with ds last year and went back to eating grains, it all came back...including the many yeast infections and urine infections during the pg. Now, I can't get rid of them and I am guaranteed an infection right after an antibiotic round. I had strept throat last month and two days into the antibiotic came the yeast infection.

I have started brewing kefir and have been drinking it in smoothies almost every morning for the last two weeks, and today I added coconut oil to my smoothie (which I will continue to include). I am eating yogurt daily too. I am taking hemp oil daily. I need to drink more water. A wonderful mama is creating an EO mixture to help with my current infection symptoms. She is also creating a hormone balance ticture to help with me pms and such. I want to battle this naturally so I can get rid of it permenatly.

Is there anything else I should do? Is this a lifestyle I will need to keep? I don't have a problem with going grainless, but I do enjoy my whole foods and would like to someday eat them again. Has anyone had experience combatting Candida? Any suggestions or advice? Should I see a naturalis to make sure that's what it is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 05:18 AM

Wow- What an incredible amount you're doing, and what a wonderful, supportive friend to help you in that way! (Care to exchange phone numbers? )

A colonic treatment might help a lot too, you wash a lot of yeast out of your digestive tract that way. That's probably where I'd start if I had the guts... or.. ovaries.. lol

Have you read any of Dr. Crook's books?

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
Old 01-13-2005, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
cjr

Nope. This is something that I just realized could be the cause of all my problems. I made an appointment with a naturopathic doctor for today, but I am going to have to change it to next week. It's -36C (-46C with the windchill) here today and dh's car would not start, so he took mine. The kids are also home today. I am going to keep doing what I'm doing until I see this doctor.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:25 PM

Rosemary Gladstar's "Herbal Healing for Women" has comprehensive information about natural cure for yeast. She is a wonderful herbalist with a balanced approach.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:02 AM

My mom suffers from Candida and she was recommended to change her diet quite drastically as well as take probiotics and enzymes.

SOme foods she is to eliminate inlucde anything processed, sugars, soy etc.

She is recommended to eat healthy grains, fruits, (not dried fruits) fresh and raw nuts and veggies etc.

I don't know a ton about it, but I can say that she did feel better while she was on the restricted diet and she lost weight as well and looked better. Her skin also got better (from psorisis).

But she has not stuck to the diet?
She thinks the enzymes really help, though!

User Tag List