Homeopathic remedy for seasonal allergies? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-13-2002, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone had much success with warding off seasonal allergy symptoms with homeopathic remedies? I used to take Claritin avidly but would like to back off on it. DS actually has had the hardest time the last week or so, his poor nose is so stuffy and I know it is bc we have been outside a lot more and slept with the windows open...

THANKS!
:
#2 of 8 Old 09-13-2002, 05:36 PM

I have had great success with using a daily sinus rinse. If your Ds is at least 6, you can do this with him.
#3 of 8 Old 09-13-2002, 07:31 PM

Mullein tea or drops work well on congestion, and I used to do sinus massages I learned in Chi Gung--you take the knuckles from your index fingers and run them under your eyebrows, down along the sides of the nose, and under the cheekbones. It feels great & helps with the pain. My chiropractor always gave me homeopathic adrenal gland support--as the adrenals get taxed when allergens attack the immune system. And neti pots are great--like khris mentioned!
#4 of 8 Old 09-13-2002, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I didn't mention, DS is only 15 months....
#5 of 8 Old 09-18-2002, 06:58 PM

I know that elderblossom is good to use as a preventative for allergies when used before allergy season starts. Also a good liver cleanse might be in order!
#6 of 8 Old 09-24-2002, 10:39 AM

For chronic problems you may find constitional care best.
My ds had Asthma, milk allergies, cats, dust and a ton of seasonal ones that effected his asthma. After being treated by a homeopath (she found his constitional remedy = just one remedy that matched ALL his symptoms) He has not had an allergy OR asthma attack in over a year.

HTH
#7 of 8 Old 09-26-2002, 06:39 PM

3kaw,

I realize that a homeopathic remedy is given after much detailed history of the patient, but I am still curious which one she gave your child. My dd has asthma and allergies too, and I would love to hear about success with homeopathy before making an appt. Would your practitioner recommend someone in Phoenix/Chandler for me? I have done so much to prevent and minimize my dd's allergies without much success and would love to try something else. You may pm me if you like re your child's history.

Thanks
#8 of 8 Old 09-27-2002, 09:35 AM

Well ds has been on 2-3 depending on how his symptoms changed. When we first went the poor child was a mess. He'd had a chronic cough for about a year (considering he was only 14months that's pretty long!) He was getting all over body rashes that could not be explained by any known viruses, they would last any where from a day to weeks, go away and then return. Eye infections that I figured where form milk. Consistent runny nose. Big red spots on his face that just NEVER went away. And i'm sure there's more, just can't think of it. The *dr.'s* were saying he would have to be on two different puffers for, well ever. As well they were not concerned with the rashes, just kept telling me they were virual. They were not very helpful.

The first rememdy, sulphur I think, had the most dramatic change for him. Sometimes on a remedy you get a reaction in which the symptoms get worse before better, this happened with ds. After about 5 days on this remedy, his cough was wosre then it had ever been. I recall telling dh that if he didn't get any better by morning I was taking him to ER(it was a sunday night) The next day his cough was gone!! Unbelievable I know but it was gone and has NEVER come back!! He's almost 3 now. He stayed on sulphur for a couple months, till his symptoms had changed enough that we switched to lycopodum (sp?) At this point though we were dealing more with behaviour issues then medical. Right now he is no longer seeing her (homeopath) but if the symptoms return, or if something else becomes a concern we are to go back.

I'm extremely please with the results. I feel as though a life sentence has been lifted for my ds. I know others who have been treated homeopathically, and have had dramatic results as well, although for most it takes a bit longer then it did for ds (I always wonder if it's because he was so young, not as much garbage in his system to fix you know. LOL)

We also had some good results with chiropratic care, before homeopathy. It helped to lessen his asthma. He had too much going on and I think that's what was preventing the chiro care from doing more. We still take him for regular chiro care now.

Another thing you might want to look into is vaccines. We traced all of ds troubles back to his 2months shots (he's only had up to 6 months then I stopped them) He was hospitalized about 4-5days after his 2 m shot and was never completely well after that. If you don't already you may want to pospone them till dd is better.

HTH
PM me if you want more info.

ksmeadowlark, sorry to high jack!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page