eczema psorisis...well how do you like that cure?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-05-2005, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had whatever term you want to label it, but dry hard patches of skin and peeling skin as well as rashing red dry skin that burns all over my legs, arms, back, and face since I was a young teen.

I have tried everything and found some products that help me get through days without pain and even minimize the dryness to the point that you can't really notice it (if you're not me!)

BUT the only time I can remember being free of all of this dryness was when I went gluten free.

I was doing it because the girls are gluten free and I was amazed. For the first time in my life the psorisis/eczema...was gone!
Wow.

I slipped and started drinking teacinno (which has barley) and my face began to peel after a week or so. I took it out of my diet and the pealing stopped.

It was a very cool little experiement!

I just am posting this for anyone battling the never ending cycle. It may be worth an elimination diet if your eczema is really bad (dry, cracked, bleeding, scars etc). I was continually getting worse year after year and now I am doing great. Of course I cave on gluten sometimes and use extra of my aubreys organics lotions, but overall I am doing really well and feel good

And I learned that there is a skin rashing that is a common symptom of gluten intollerance. It is when you have dry skin on the knees, elbows, and butt/low back. I have battled with dry skin there, but also on my legs, face, arms etc, so I couldn't limit it to that, but those dry patches are gone now ... even in a long , dry, cold winter in the midwest!
#2 of 2 Old 02-06-2005, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dermatitis herpetiformis is a real pain in the &^^!

Now Laura, how many times do I need to preach about what you are doing to your INTESTINES! To heck with your skin! hehe....

Wtih loads of love,

Your gluten cop!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page