yeast/allergy rash? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-01-2002, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have been battling a yeast rash on dd's bottom for a couple of months now...

last week the doc gave her nystatin and hydrocortisone and this weekend the rash was almost completely gone-- until she pooped yesterday and now she has a burn-like red rash in teh crack -- anus to vagina crack. I dont think its yeast but maybe it is? how can i tell if its something i'm eating that she is allergic to or yeast? everyone wants to say its yeast b/c of all of her probs but the burn-like appearance throws me off.

thanks
mel
#2 of 3 Old 10-04-2002, 05:51 PM

My daughter has eczema and would get rash as she was a baby. I refused to use cortizone sinse it only fights the symptoms.

These are things that I learned about and tried:

1.Diapering and early toilett training.

Cotton Diapers with woolen covers,water instead of wipes, and infant potty training. Infant skin needs lots of air and sun on the "butt" too.So you can try to leave her without diapers as much as possible. The super absorbent gel in diapersis also very poisonous.
(But...My daughter was diaper free at the age of 12 months, I wash her after every poop with water until today- she is 3 and a half and she still gets rash by the ocasion. Anyway diaper free at early age has many advantages amd I recomend it everybody who has babies. Please take an unbiased look at these links I don't know anybody who tried it and did not get exited about it)

Re-thinking Potty Practices:
http://babyparenting.about.com/libra.../aa062701a.htm

Infant Potty Training
http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/in...ation+training

If you feel cotton diapers are too much work try TUSHIES disposable gel free. I love them with my 5 m. old son.

2.Food Allergies.

As my d was 2 and a half we tested her blood for food allergies and she seems to be sensitive to diary, wheat, and mostly egg!
You could try to stay away from those for a while. And sour or unripe fruits.

3. Homeopathy

In the country where I am from, use of cortizone is prohibited up to 10 years of age. Think about trying something else.

My d isusing homeopathy which is the first thing that appears to be healing( and not only prevent or helping to release the symptoms). She is using Silicea but it needs to be chosen individually so try to find a good homeopath.

4. Less bathing and without chemicals

Oh, another thing is that you could try is not to bath the baby more than once or twice a week, without soap only with one spoon of unscended seesalt in the bath. You can use 1 drop of lavendel essential oil. And after the bath 100% pure grapeseed oil.

Weleda diaper rash cream was also very helpful.

5. Supplements

Finally, it is very important to include in your diet essencial fatty acids like cod liver oil or flax seed oil. It is good for you,babie's skin, and also its developing brain.check it out in health food stores.

I wish you good luck! Sorry if my english is not perfect I am still working on it. I would be exited to hear if something I suggested has been helpful.
#3 of 3 Old 10-15-2002, 06:12 PM

mat4mel, I too was sure the red "ring" rash was a food sensitivity because I could reproduce it with certain foods...but sometimes it occurred when I hadn't introduced one of the problem foods and I couldn't pin it down. The Doris Rapp book even shows a picture of a yeast rash around the anus. Tried some acidophilus (under a homeopath's care) and it cleared right up. We're still on the treatment and the rash will occasionally reappear, but ds can eat all the foods I thought he was sensitive to with no problem!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page