Finally, success!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-21-2005, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds is finally healing! His infection is gone completely and his rash is soft and just light pink. I'm astonished and elated after three months of agony! :

For those of you looking for solutions, here's what we did, and what I think worked.

We started with homeopathy. He had a constitutional remedy, which could easily have contributed a lot to his recovery. We did NMT, which I think is probably mainly responsible for this. But the days that he really began to heal, we were trying a new treatment protocol, and I think it really speeded things up. Here's what we are doing right now:

Bach flower essences: Crab apple, Gorse, Impatiens, Chicory, and Mimulus

Acupressure (do-it-yourself acupuncture)

Florasone (homeopathic eczema cream), and Chinese pearl powder cream

Anyway, something worked, and I'm so thankful. I just hope it sticks. It should, we've been at it long enough, and believe me, we haven't suppressed anything. He wept rivers right out of his cheeks and arms!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 02:35 AM

Yay mama! So glad to see success posts

Thanks for sharing the details too!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:29 AM

myjo- Congratulations!!! Can you tell us a bit more about the pearl cream? What else is in it? Do you use it as an emolient all over, and on bad patches between Florasone doses? Where do you get it?
Also, are you concerned about long-term Florasone use? We're using it, and it seems to be working, but it's taking more than the week that they mention on the label.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

I have to admit I don't know what is in the cream base for the pearl powder. I got it from Sarahariz who got it from her NMT practitioner who doesn't seem to know what's in it. But I did a search to find out what other pearl powder creams have, and it looks as though the ingredients are just a simple cream base, nothing special in it except crushed pearls. I only use it on the bad patches, it's very expensive so I don't use it as a general moisturizer. For that I use Aubrey baby and kid's lotion. It's very good.

Florasone is supposed to be safe for long term use. But I've been communicating with several homeopaths about using topicals for eczema and they seem to feel that any use of topical creams for eczema is suppressive and bad for the child in the long run. So I'm rather confused and dismayed at the moment. But I feel they are right, because when I stop using the creams, ds breaks out again. I've gone back to homeopathy, as I cannot afford any more NMT sessions, so we'll see what comes of that.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:17 PM

Myjo -

Yeah :LOL :LOL :LOL ! I'm so happy for you and encouraged about NMT. We have an apt in two hours. My Hubby knows that We're seeing a new doc today (our 10th), but doesn't know for what or how much it will cost. A huge part of me is nervous that this is just going to be more wasted money without results, but your post made me feel much better. It's so good to hear that you are finally having some success after all your heartache and frustration.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

We have an extremely difficult case with ds because of his extreme sensitivity to nearly all forms of therapy. NMT was the most successful therapy we tried. He needs more sessions, but we can't do it right now.

From what I've experienced, I would say that if NMT can't do it, I don't know what could. It's that powerful.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:15 AM

Whats NMT? :
Old 05-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Look at the NAET thread on this page where NMT is also discussed.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:26 AM

Hooray for you & dc! I am glad things are getting better. Great job persevering mama!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
Old 05-22-2005, 10:47 AM

Yay! I am so glad things are looking up.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:25 PM

Bump for Amyandelle.

User Tag List