Mothering Forum banner

shampoo causing facial tics?

723 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  amnesiac 
#1 ·
The history is that dd has had time limited bouts of facial tics (blinking mostly, also cheek twiching, subtle head shake) for about a month last Sept, and in Sept. 03. After last fall's twitching faded away (completely gone by halloween), I started to think it was in some way a seasonal allergy (after going through every other possible dx, including Tourettes). She had no other symptoms, and has no other allergies. We eat mostly organic, toxin free home, bf until 3, nfl, etc., etc.

Then 2 days ago my parents arrive for a visit (we visit them each year Aug-Sept.) at Target, my mom picks up a bottle of the Loreal kids shampoo-the one that looks like a fish and smells like super blastomatic strawberrry or something, and dd and ds get a bath and their hair washed in it that night--and dd washes her whole body with it. We usually use california baby or some other crunchy brand. Yesterday morning-and most clearly at lunch she is twitching again. We go through every thing that is different in the last 24 hours and the shampoo is the only thing. My mother is chemically sensitive and they generally don't use anything wierd.

When we're out West visiting my parents in the summer I remember that we buy that shampoo as a "treat".

Is this possible? Has anyone every heard of this from a soap?
Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.