eczema relief - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-03-2003, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, in the dipe forum, we have been discussing a product called 'sportwash', which is truly free of fragrance, uv brighteners, etc., for making our dipes work well. after trying most everything on my ds, coincidentally, after starting to use this stuff, his atopic dermititus/eczema has almost completely cleared up (i am using it on all his stuff.) maybe bad detergent wasn't the cause, but stopping it (free and clear my a$$) has really helped his skin. give it a shot- there are threads about where to get the stuff all over diapering.

suse
#2 of 6 Old 02-03-2003, 09:55 PM

I have been reading about the sport wash in the diapering forum and wondering if that would help ds's eczema. I sent my dh to Walmart the other day to get it, but the salespeople told him it was $15 for a bottle (18 loads). Ha! I know everyone else said it was about $3 at their Walmart. I'll have to try it because ds's eczema has really flared up with the recent cold snap. Thanks for the tip Suse.
Saundra
#3 of 6 Old 02-04-2003, 10:23 PM

My boys' eczema is much better after trying All Free and Clear, but even much better after Arm and Hammer and later, Bio-Kleen. I haven't heard of sport wash, but maybe you could try those others. . .
#4 of 6 Old 02-05-2003, 01:18 PM

I've used Arm & Hammer for a long time, and I just bought a bottle of All Free Clear at Sam's because I didn't feel like making a second trip to a grocery store. Oops. I hope it doesn't make ds's eczema worse. My mother made the mistake recently of washing one of my ds's shirts in Gain. His poor skin! It took a week to clear up the rash.
Saundra
#5 of 6 Old 02-06-2003, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

i'm just using up my cheapo detergent on my dh (he has skin of iron- he doesn't mind! the adult's towels, too). man, one of the places online mentioned in diapering would be cheaper than your wal-mart, shipping included! what are they thinking! (maybe they have it in their online store too? but if the cost is the same, i'd rather support a wahm )

suse
#6 of 6 Old 02-07-2003, 07:56 PM

A relative has problems with excema. However she uses regular detergent, but adds 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the rinse water, to remove detergent residue and act as a bit of an antibacterial. Seems to work for her.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page