gluten free, dairy free, egg free, low sugar recipes? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 03-22-2006, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OH and I am finding I really dont like vegetables.....What can I eat? This is getting really frustrating.....anyone else on limited ingredients? books, websites, ideas?

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 03-22-2006, 06:40 PM

I LOVE this website: http://kidswithfoodallergies.org/index.php You do need a paid membership but if you can't afford it you can email them and someone sponsors you. I always do recipe searches on that website. I love it love it love it. Are you avoiding those foods because you are allergic or your breastfeeding??
#3 of 9 Old 03-22-2006, 06:49 PM

I just picked up The Yeast-free Cookbook by William Crook and all of the recipes in it fit that profile.
#4 of 9 Old 03-23-2006, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I moved this to Allergies forum because I think you'll get more response. A great book is "Food Allergy Survival Guide" - the recipes are wonderful.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
#5 of 9 Old 04-07-2006, 09:39 PM

my whole family is gluten intolerant....(and that includes rye, spelt, quinoa, amaranth, oats, barley and any dairy from an animal that has eaten grain) it is very challenging but once you find the replacement foods it becomes easier. a few quick snacks - dried bananas with almond butter, rice or corn cakes with almond butter; rice pasta is your friend - we do pesto on rice pasta with smoked salmon, i make a mac and (fake) cheese dish:
(these amounts are approx. as I don't measure)
1/3 cup olive oil heated in saucepan
add some rice flour to make a rue,
add 4 cups boiling water, stir till thick,
add 1 cup nutritional yeast, mix well.
I add some gluten free Herbamare seasoning salt but you can add garlic powder or whatever spices you like. Play with this recipe.
Pour over rice macaroni for mac and cheese and bake 20 minutes.
Pour over sliced preboiled potatoes for au gratin type.
Super yummy, easy. great potluck dish. You can also add broccolli or other vegi.
Roads End makes a gluten free mac & chreese in a box (insta meal) and also some good ready made sauces and dips.
Gluten Free Pantry is awesome! Great mixes though a bit heavy on the sugar. Thier french bread mix is the absolute best least crumbly bread out there.
Glutino has cereal bars that are good to keep around for when you are starving and can't think....
The biggest bummer is none of the GF companies do organic.
Brown rice, orange lentils, coconut milk and veggies yummy. can do this in crock pot.
I make breadcrumbs with gluten free bread, toast, crumble, grind in blender and use rice milk (Original Lundberg is only truly gluten free rice milk) to soak chicken then bread and make my own chicken strips, fry in oil in a pan.
We now are making our own onion rings. We use rice flour, ground nuts, xanthum gum, maybe some potato starch flour and tapioca flour and mix with rice milk till thick and smooth, then dip thick onion ring slices, fry up in pan. Boy I missd those and was glad to start making them. Pretty easy too......
Twice baked potatoes, empty insides into bowl, add shredded zucchini, salsa, nutritional yeast, whatever, scoop back into skins and bake.....
hope this helps for now.....more later

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

#6 of 9 Old 04-10-2006, 10:09 AM

Subbing....thanks for posting this!

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#7 of 9 Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 AM

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#8 of 9 Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Oh another thing, avocado is also your friend. homemade guacamole and corn chips, avacado on rice or corn cakes, maybe with a little yeast and braggs liquid aminos, avos in breakfast burritos (corn or rice tortillas), slices of turkey wrapped around avocado. Take some nori (seaweed) and make a wrap with rice, avo, veggies, shrimp, whatever....they make some mung bean thread noodles that could be yummy in a wrap....my friend uses squash in her recipes as an egg, moisture replacer....."the gluten free gourmet" is a great book but uses dairy a lot, you have to learn to sub......egg replacer works okay, a bit of applesause (but not too much) can also work instead of eggs....

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

#9 of 9 Old 04-12-2006, 04:38 PM

I am a huge fan of this book
www.thegardenofeatingdiet.com
They make gluten, dairy, corn, soy, sugar free yummy and plentiful!
I'm hooked
(so much so I feel like it's all I ever post about around here! They should start sending me commissions! LOL )

Recommended Reading
User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page