Applied Kinesiology questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-12-2006, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On the recommendation of ds' neurodevelopmental therapist, I took him to a massage therapist who is experienced in the practice of applied kinesiology. This was after, by the way, traditional allergy testing...scratch test, RAST, and IgE...all of which came out negative...the IgE even came out very low, which the massage therapist told me could very well have been the result of his steroidal asthma medications.

Just in case it seems important, ds will be 17 months in two days.

The kinesiology testing showed weak responses to egg, soy, cow milk, peanuts, cat and dog hair, molds, and wheat. She also said something about sugars.

The testing showed strong (okay) responses to pollens, viruses, vit C, yeasts, candida, HCL, mercury, food colors, laundry detergents, coconut, cashews, filberts, acidophilus, dry beans, corn, dust mites, tomato, almonds, cocoa (non-dairy), walnuts, vinegar, and iodine.

So on this first day, after the testing, she treated him ("energy clearing") for sugars. We kept him off all the sugars she said we needed to (including the natural sugars of fruits, etc.) for the rest of the day as suggested, though he still comfort nurses on formula (foster adopted) and we couldn't manage to keep him off it at night.

Today we went back, and she tested the sugars again, and they seemed cleared. So she proceeded to do a clearing for eggs (this is one of his favorite all-time foods). She sent us home with instructions to have him not touch, smell, taste, or injest anything with eggs for 25 hours. This we've been able to do.

Long-term instructions, however, are still confusing me a bit. Once he is treated for each of the items he tested weak for, can he be exposed to them again? Is it okay, for instance, for him to eat moderate amounts of fruit or eggs now? Today he had two fruits before we went to the appointment, and it still tested as cleared. Does he need to have regular treatments for these items?

In addition, I was discouraged to read this on Wikipedia, and need to look into it further: "There is scientific research (below) of Applied Kinesiology, however, that has shown it has no clinical validity. For example, muscle testing cannot distinguish a test substance from a placebo under double-blind conditions, and the use of applied kinesiology to evaluate nutrient status is no more useful than random guessing.

The studies, research and reviews of Applied Kinesiology mentioned above are listed at the National Library of Medicine: [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Scientific studies showed that kinesiology tests were not reproducible [1][2][3][4][5]."

I half-wonder if I am just pouring money down the drain, even though I like to think that I am gaining useful information. The testing is done through surrogate testing...I hold ds, and the muscle testing is done on me while the vials are held to points on ds. The massage therapist has me push down on her arm. Sometimes I feel like the upward force *she* is exerting is less with certain vials than others. On the other hand, I could have predicted most of the weak responses, some of which I'd clued her into ahead of time, and some of which I hadn't. So who knows.

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#2 of 5 Old 09-12-2006, 03:21 PM

I'm curious too. I'm seeing a kinesiologist tomorrow morning and am wondering about the validity of it.

I've already done blood tests for allergies, but I am developing more and more as the months go on It's crazy!

I hope everything works out for you.

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#3 of 5 Old 09-14-2006, 12:18 AM

We used applied kinesiology to find our sensitivities. We didn't do any clearing though. Actually, he never even mentioned that. My entire family has done the testing and 3 out of 5 have sensitivities. We avoided wheat, dairy, citrus, and onion. Our journey started 1.5 years ago. My youngest was about 6 months old and we had him retested around his 2nd birthday. He's now able to eat wheat again. He's still sensitive to dairy and citrus. My dh has been able to add orange, lemon, and lime back into his diet. It definitely helped our family.

I should add that we tried the allergiest route as well and all were negative.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#4 of 5 Old 09-14-2006, 01:35 AM

I've been to a chiro who does Natural Allergy Elimination Tech. which is also Appl. Kinesiology. It does work. I was allergic to just about everything on this earth and am free of most of it now with only a few treatments. I am still fine tuning some things.

Yes, after you have stayed away from the allergen for 25 hours, they can be introduced back into your diet in this case, your child's diet. Most of the time the clearing is permanent. There have been a few times that I have seen where something takes more than one treatment, but those are usually deep rooted allergies sometimes brought on by pyschological distress.
I would recommend the Ap for anyone who really wants to get rid of their allergies without drugs and shots.(I've tried those too...ended up flatlining in the er.)

Shianne
I am just me. Cert. HHP and Herbalist and mom to three wonderful home educated boys.
#5 of 5 Old 09-15-2006, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. It is good to hear about your experiences.

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page