Are allergy shots similar to vaccines? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2003, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you know if allergy shots are at all similar in ingredients to vaccines?

Dd is very ill with severe eczema at the moment and Dr. is suggesting allergy shots may help stop her skin reaction. I just don't know if allergy shots contain any ingredients commonly found in vaccines-I'm scared to death to do anything until I know what's in an allergy shot.

Any help from other mama's would be SO appreciated!

banana.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2003, 04:28 PM

Is there anyway you could ask for the insert that is included in the shot your babe would need? You could then look up the ingredients. I hope someone has a more defenative answer but I thought that may be a solution. ((HUGS))
Old 04-10-2003, 06:18 PM

I used to make up the allergen solutions for patients in the 80's. the process was similar to Homeopathy (except it is not diluted as far). The allergen (stuff you are allergic to) was diluted to ratios of:

-1:10,000
-1:1,000
-1:100

The first injections started with the weakest solution. Have you asked the doctor who makes his solutions for him?
Old 04-10-2003, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, I haven't asked the allergy Dr himself. Part of my problem is that I have no clue what the entire process will involve. I would know better once we actually see him-haven't had our first appointment with him yet. We're being referred from another Dr. and our Dr doesn't really know how the allergy doc will decide to handle our weird situation.

The thought occured to me last night and I thought I would ask here to see if any mom would know. I don't know anyone who has ever had to have allergy shots so I have no one to ask.

banana.gif

Old 04-11-2003, 02:46 PM

I am going to move this over to H & H forum to see if you can get more responses on this.

User Tag List