Eczema--I'm SO frustrated! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 11-17-2006, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Pauli;6457238]

[PHP]OK, about NAET. First I have to say that even though we're doing this, I'm very sceptical. The only reason I tried it is because it's the only "cure" for allergies.[PHP]

Pauli, I am with you on thinking NAET sounds weird, but if it works, it is great. Have you heard of Allertouch? Some bloke in Idaho who does something similar. Friends of ours had good results with him. Here is a quote from his website

"AllerTouch incorporates the use of muscle response testing (a form of kinesiology) and cranial acupressure in its evaluation and treatment process. Once a health-suppressor is identified, the AllerTouch practitioner gently stimulates a specific sequence of points on the patient’s head. This relatively simple but profound treatment instructs the brain and immune system to focus on -- and eliminate -- the specific problem that is being addressed."

We were going to give it a try when we were in the US
(we live in asia and are back home now), but he had no appointments available. Has anybody else heard about this?
#32 of 33 Old 11-17-2006, 02:54 AM

You can also put Borage oil on topically. There are pubmed studies even that showed this worked. You want to get one with the highest percentage of GLAs.

And probiotics for sure.

And, it seems some people test better for food allergies with the blood test, not the skin test. I would do the blood testing personally. As well as perhaps muscle testing.

My ds1's allergies were solved by going to the simplest diet we could think of: turkey, rice, pears, maybe sweet potato. Turns out, it was the poultry. Even turkey. so all eggs, chicken, turkey, etc were out.

Eventually with enough help his gut healed and he can now eat at least eggs. And occassionally he will eat chicken soup.
#33 of 33 Old 04-15-2008, 02:35 PM

Oh dear, I just got back from the Dr. where we where told my dd has excema. I thought it was diaper rash at first, then a yeat infection but apparently it's the same itchy blotches that are on her scalp, neck, and backs of knees.

I had terrible horrible excema for a year when I lived in CA. After moving back to NY it went away. I know how hard and frustrating this condidtion is.

FOr now the Dr. said to remove dairy from dd's diet but not mine yet. We got a scrip for 2.5% hydrocortisone to get the flare up down quicky. She's been scratching so hard she draws blood.

After reading the above posts I am more scared now.

So you all think probiotics seem like a good idea? Can't hurt right?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page