What does an "allergic" diaper rash look like? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-12-2007, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does a "teething" rash look any different from an "allergic" rash or does it depend on the kid/offending food/particular tooth, etc.?
DS has a funny amoeba shaped rashy red spot on the fatty pad of skin above his penis that comes and goes. It first emerged with teething, I believed, and he still appears to be teething on and off. The only other possibility is a reaction to goats milk yogart and cheese which he eats daily or every other day... how can you tell what's what?
#2 of 5 Old 03-12-2007, 05:10 PM

A rash or bullseye around anus is a food reaction and/or gut flora imbalance. Our first rash was a blistering reaction to rice cereal as first food.

Not exactly sure what you are describing, it might be staph?
#3 of 5 Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 PM

yes, sounds like staph diaper rash to me as well. Ds1 used to get that from infected eczema in his diaper area.
#4 of 5 Old 03-13-2007, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Staph, huh? How to treat?
Diaper cream works only temporarily.
Thanks mamas.
#5 of 5 Old 03-13-2007, 06:53 PM

I would use some sort of antibiotic ointment. Like Neoporin, only I wouldn't use Neosporin. WHen ds got so bad he had staph, he usually had weepy eczema, staph, and yeast all at the same time! Good times, believe me. His doc sent us to the compounding pharmacy next door that made us up a cream that had moisturizer, steroid (hydrocortisone), antibiotic, and antifungal all in one. I only used it when I was afraid it was gettin ginfected again. I really tried to avoid the steroids. Doesn't sound like your little one has eczema as well, so I would think the antibiotic ointment would take care of it.

I had another thought, it may not be staph. If you use cloth diapers, you may need to strip them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page