allergies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-21-2003, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!!! I recently took my 5 year old to an allergist as he's had allergies since he was a baby, and has always had really bad eczema, and more recently he's had hives outbreaks, and I couldn't figure out what was causing them.
So I left the allergist's office completely overwhelmed. Not only did Tyler test positive for EVERYTHING except mold, but they prescribed him a TON of meds to take. He tested positive for peanuts, milk, eggs, wheat, dogs, cats, grass, (just about everything). They told me I need to do the elimination of everything he tested positive for, but didn't offer me any strategies, and/or nutritional advice. He didn't have very good people skills, he yelled at my 2 year old who was singing to herself, and he told her "Young LAdy!!! You need to be quiet when I'm talking to your mother, now!!!" Which of course she gave him the look of "I'll put this crayon through your eye!", and then started crying. I have an appt with our family physician Monday, because I don't have any idea how I'm supposed to do this elimination thing. I'm also not giving him any of the meds until after I consult with our dr.
Dh has allergies, but never had food allergies. I've never had allergies, so this is all new to me. I am just curious as to how other moms did the elimination and reintroduction phases. Thanks!!

Melanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-21-2003, 07:38 PM

We've done NAET (eliminates allergies) and had great results for allergies. There are lots of threads on this in the archives. Before that we did elimination, but it was just too much & we were so thankful to find NAET.
#3 of 4 Old 06-21-2003, 08:03 PM

my dr. doesn't believe in allergy tests b/c he says they get way too many false positives.

so, you're really in a pickle. um, could you find a ND or homeopath to help you decipher or undo the damage?

There IS hope Don't give up. You just had a nasty experience. So sorry.
#4 of 4 Old 06-21-2003, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks L.J. I will look NAET on the net... )

BusyMommy, thanks for the support!! I know it was a bad experience...The man definitly isn't kid friendly, I told dh we aren't going back there.. I'm extremely uncomfortable with all the meds they gave me for him, so I'm going to talk to our dr about that and about other options......I never thought about a homoepath...thanks for the suggestions... )

Melanie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page