Cat Allergy Help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-23-2007, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We thought my son was still allergic to soy and egg. His skin would get better then worse again. Finally we had had enough with the Allergist and he was finally tested this morning. The results was a shocker. He is NOT allergic to soy, egg, wheat, dairy, corn, hay, grass. He IS allergic to CATS and HORSES!

So....I am looking for a product called Allerpet. I can't find it locally and looks like I will have to order it online. Does anyone have experience with this product? You put it on the cat and it helps reduce reactions.

Eventhough Conner had a significant reaction to both, he said we don't need to get rid of our cat. Just clean the cat and keep the cat out of Conners room.

Any advice?

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#2 of 3 Old 07-23-2007, 03:07 PM

My DD was diagnosed with a dog allergy in March and we have done several things to try and reduce the dander. Here is what we did. Bought allerpet to put on the dog weekly, bought a HEPA vacuum, bought 2 air purifiers - one for her bedroom and a bigger one for the living area downstairs. Banned the dog from her bedroom and we keep her bedroom door closed at all times (dander doesn't settle like dust, it can float around in the air.) We cleaned the air ducts and we use the allergen furnace filters. Since we did all these things all at once, I don't know for sure that the allerpet works, but I read reviews from people that said it did. She isn't too mobile yet, so I figure I will know if it works when she eventually touches the dog. Our main problem now is other people that have dogs (which seems to be about all our family and friends) - when they hold her she breaks out from the dander on them. I feel for you - I know how tough it is! This link may help:

http://www.paws.org/cas/resources/fa.../allergies.php
#3 of 3 Old 07-23-2007, 04:55 PM

I have a cat allergy and I used to take care of 80 at a shelter! lol I also have three at home. What works for me, keep them out of my room, off my laundry, brush them daily, wash my hands after touching them, keep them on raw homemade diet, keep the house clean and free of hair/dander, get rid of all upholstered furniture and carpets (or at least keep washable covers on the furniture or cat bed) and take homeopathic allergy pills.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page