Treating severe weeping eczema w/o steroids? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 39 Old 06-01-2015, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OTC remedy saved our bacon--after trying Many Other Methods

i know this is a little dated. our baby had the worst weeping eczema and thick cradle cap. the pediatrician prescribed antibiotics which just made me weep. but we were so desperate and tried it. it never even touched it. here's what we FINALLY got to work (tried every natural cream for babies we could find):

*blot it dry (gently!)
*apply a THIN layer of Neosporin CREAM (not the ointment). we only did this step a couple times
*glob on like frosting California Baby Calming/Calendula cream.. (can get at Target). i put it on her face when i knew she'd be still for a long time (asleep, nursing...) and could actually watch it soaking in. I used it ALL the time. We went through a couple little jars of the cream, but WORTH IT. cleared up in a couple weeks, after months of nothing else working.
(also tried lots of diet restrictions; we never did find an allergy for her)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 01-18-2017, 09:35 AM

Severe Eczema Cleared Naturally

Yes! We healed my son's skin by 95% through natural methods. We originally started with cortisone, but we quickly saw that his skin came back worse than before each time we took the mandatory breaks from the medication. So, that pushed us to natural methods and wow, did it help! Mostly dietary changes, natural skin care and supplements were what helped us. You can read about our story here: Natural Remedies for Eczema: What Worked for My Son

My son didn't have weeping eczema, but in that case, you may want to look at specific weeping eczema treatments.

And be careful with cortisone as topical steroid addiction and topical steroid withdrawal are becoming more widespread. Search TSW on Instagram and you'll see what I mean. Not to scare anyone though. If they are used for short periods of time in lose doses, topical steroids shoudl be ok, but not always. Proceed with caution.
#33 of 39 Old 02-12-2017, 05:59 PM

My daughter has chronic eczema and over the years we've tried a lot different creams and nothing has come as close to bringing her the much needed relief of itchy skin and healing as Foderma serum! Thank you Foderma!!!!

#34 of 39 Old 03-27-2017, 12:34 AM

How to get rid of weeping eczema?

Hi everyone! As this amazing Flawless community starts to grow, I’ve noticed that there have been a lot more questions about eczema diet, dealing with eczema naturally, etc. It’s a wonderful thing to hear more from you, because it means that we are growing, and I couldn’t be happier to be part of a community of people, starting to clear their skin naturally!

I always try to talk about the big eczema issues that come up, so today I want to address a BIG problem that has recently been seen in more and more in eczema sufferers: the dreaded weeping eczema. Weeping eczema is eczema that is wet, weeping or that looks like fluid-filled blisters.

There are actually two types of weeping eczema: primary and secondary.

Primary types refer to the blistering types of eczema, such as dysrodhitc eczema, nummular eczema or discoid eczema. These can vary from just one or two blisters, or small crops of more than three. These look like blisters and contain a clear fluid. This fluid can leak through the skin’s epidermis if scratched, bumped, or picked at (very common to happen), which is where the primary term “weeping eczema” comes from.

Secondary types refer to the weeping caused by a secondary problem, and is often confused with primary types. The biggest difference between the two is that secondary weeping eczema happens after your initial breakout, in response to outside bacteria or foreign items. Secondary types can occur over large areas of the body, or over areas of previously dry eczema. Secondary types contain milky or yellow fluid.

mainly focus on secondary weeping in this article, as this is the one that affects a lot of eczema sufferers. Now you might have heard things about weeping eczema before like: “it’s just your body pushing out toxins”, “you need to detoxify your blood”, or “the weeping is normal”. I used to think some of these things myself, however as it turns out, many of these statements aren’t all that accurate.

Let me explain.

On your skin there lives a thriving community of bacteria, called Staphylococcus Aureus (or Staph A.) These are located in heavy concentrations around your nose, mouth, ears, privates, as well as just on your skin itself.

if you have weeping eczema, PLEASE consult your doctor immediately! Especially if you have signs of an infection like a high fever or chills.

Here are some things that can help you!
  • Deeply moisturize dry cracked skin.
  • Put water back in
  • Use a water-based moisturizer
  • Remove the bacteria crusts
  • Use natural light therapy
  • Keep a low-inflammatory diet

Thanks,
Nav

Last edited by eczemaliving; 03-27-2017 at 12:38 AM.
#35 of 39 Old 05-18-2017, 04:05 PM

fIRST I SHOCKED with eczema then i got chance to apply FODERMA .superb pDT!!!QUALITY is excellent!
guys believe me. BEST one.. thanks to MY DOCTOR.!
#36 of 39 Old 06-12-2017, 01:12 AM

I've suffered for several months with moderately bad eczema, and foderma serum is doing what it's supposed to do. I'm so much better now, and I'll use it as long as I need to.
#37 of 39 Old 06-12-2017, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat19 View Post
FYI, IIRC, about 50% of eczema in kids is food-allergic eczema. My son's eczema was mainly that before we figured out his food triggers, but now it's more from environmental issues.

We use:
* vanicream for daily use (you can get it at your local pharmacy; if they don't have it they should be able to order it);
* 20 minute lukewarm baths once a day with NO soap;
* dustmite protectors on beds;
* hot water washes (drying on hot) for bedding once a week;
* all pets and stuffed animals and books kept out of the bedroom; some people also move to no curtains or rugs or carpets in the bedroom
* change of clothing and a bath immediately upon coming inside from playing outside in spring/fall/summer (i.e. pollen season);
* food/allergen exposure diary to try to identify triggers
* we use Sportswash lanudry detergent: soaps etc can be a big trigger of skin issues
* aggressive use of prescription steroids EARLY on problem patches; when we do this (I know you didn't want to do this) on the first day he has a bad patch, after two or three applications it's often gone. We almost never have real flaring problem spots anymore, but when we do and I let a problem patch go, it ends up we use more steroids in the long run. we now only have to do this three or four times a year, usually when he's had a diet exposure by accident.
* daily antihistamine to control itching
* onesies and other clothes that minimize the areas he can get to; plus clipped nails
* all cotton clothing; we aim for organic when he's having a bad flare

We have not had to do this, but wetwrapping can make an enormous difference in a child's skin.

What are your five foods and how long have you been on the diet?

Our lifeline in our allergy journey has been the forums at kidswithfoodallergies
Thanks for this.

We are similar. Trying to do everything as naturally as possible but have recently been applying a little steroid cream guiltily as our 6-month-old boy is really suffering from eczema on his face mainly.

It seems, however, from the list above, that there is more we can be doing. I will also check out that food allergy site.

Thanks,

L x
#38 of 39 Old 08-23-2017, 04:28 AM

I've been having problems with eczema for the last 14 years and finding a product that offers almost instant relief is hard to find! Foderma eczema serum is the best I have found. Not only does it offer quick relief but it is softening that skin!
#39 of 39 Old 08-25-2017, 12:10 PM

A great lotion for eczema

I have seen amazing results using this lotion, it is not sold at doctor's offices or stores and can only be purchased online. I can send you a video if you are interested in hearing more about it. Because I have a home based business I am not allowed to share the name here in public. Would love to hear from you and see why more moms prefer this than steroids.
Evelyn

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page