How long does it take to get egg out of your system? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-16-2007, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think Jaimee posted a thread about all the various allergens and how long you have to eliminate them in order to start seeing results, but I don't remember if anyone said anything about eggs. Does anyone know?

I think I'm going to try adding eggs to my list of things I'm eliminating (so far only dairy), so I'm wondering how soon I could start looking for improvements if egg was the offender.

I know I'm doing this backwards and really should probably do a TED and add things back one by one, but I just didn't think I had what it took to quit all those things cold turkey. I don't know how some of you mamas do it.
#2 of 6 Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 PM

When my son was a newborn I thought he was fussy the evenings after I had eggs for breakfast, and he was fine the next day.

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

#3 of 6 Old 09-17-2007, 10:54 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Yeah, I did ask about eggs, but no one responded. I have found on "random" websites that eggs take "a few days." ITA with you, btw, about the TED. I don't know how people do it! I'm probably going to be in the same boat as you very soon, re-eliminating dairy and eggs. Right now I'm off gluten, soy, citrus, and eggs. It's smart of you to do the top 2 together, though, I wish I had done that originally instead of just dairy. Good luck! Tomorrow I see the allergist and I'm crossing my fingers for some results.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 6 Old 09-18-2007, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

The thing about this that's a bummer is that my mom's here right now for three weeks and I hate to spoil the party with my food restrictions. Just dairy hasn't been too bad so far, but I think cutting out egg too is really going to cramp our style! I shouldn't complain...I know vegans do it every day...but we're just not used to eating this way.

I'm thinking about going and seeing a chiropractor in our area who also specializes in allergy elimination diets, to see if he can answer some questions about how long things take to leave the system. If I go, I'll let you know what I find out.
#5 of 6 Old 09-20-2007, 01:42 PM

My son was determined to be allergic to egg from allergy testing. We had no clue. He'd always been a poor sleeper and somewhat cranky at random times. Less than two days after me eliminating eggs from my diet (we hadn't introduced them directly to him) we had more than halved the number of times he woke in the night and was a better napper. I know that's just my experience and it's anecdotal, but that's what happened with us.
#6 of 6 Old 09-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
The ped allergist that I saw the other day claims that most allergens are out of your system within 5 days, 10 for dairy. So, in her opinion you should see changes within a week of eliminating (within 2 weeks for dairy). I have to admit this was very encouraging news, but it doesn't line up with a lot of anecdotal evidence from other mamas. I'm curious to see what your chiro has to say.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page