Allergy testing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm considering having my ds (nearly 5 years old) tested for allergies. I have no idea what this entails, and I'm guessing that we'll probably have to pay out of pocket for any testing. I've tried doing elimination diets in the past, and suspect that he is sensitive to dairy and/or wheat. Is this the type of thing that would show up on a test? Which kind of test? I'm finding it really hard to be strict about restricting food when I don't know for sure that he's actually sensitive to anything (other than life in general, lol). If he is actually allergic/sensitive to something (proven by tests) then I will just eliminate that food (or foods) from all of our diets.

My main reason for concern is his behavior, but his skin is also covered in small bumps (mainly on his cheeks and arms, also some on his legs). He is a red head and has really sensitive skin, so I don't know that it's necessarily food related, but I do think his skin seemed a bit better when he was off of dairy. He also doesn't eat a huge amount of dairy or wheat (he eats mostly rice/rice products and drinks almond milk as opposed to cow's milk).

Thanks for any help!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page