Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Planting the Truffula Seeds
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that I'm on a slightly different path, but I'm going to throw it out there because I firmly believe in mamma's instinct.
Is there some reason to verify the allergy/sensitivity through testing? I haven't tested dd2 and joked along with both our ped and naturopath that it really wouldn't matter what a test said because I can see through her reaction that she's allergic. Even if a test came out negative, I still wouldn't feed her what I can see to be her allergans. I also am resigned to the idea of waiting years for the girls to outgrow anything.
Not knowing your little one's history I have no idea if I'm completely off the right path here. In our case, I could see as infants that they were allergic to things through my milk. DD2 is still nursing and I can still fiddle with allergans there - although I only tried dairy now at almost 3 - still through breastmilk and still allergic.
I just feel badly about all the poking and prodding and you had mentioned that you were reluctant. For our family, waiting until the testing is less intrusive is best for our family. As I mentioned, I couldn't imagine after my experience with dd1 that our allergies would be outgrown in months.
I was just trying to support your mamma instinct at not wanting to do the test and asking if you, not the allergist, really thought it was necessary.
I'm trying to tread lightly and not offend anyone.
|36 members and 18,398 guests|
|agentofchaos , Averiesmomma17 , bananabee , Bow , Deborah , Dovenoir , dovergirl , easydoesit , Elia E. Villalobos , emmy526 , girlspn , greenemami , happy-mama , hillymum , IsaFrench , katelove , kathymuggle , lhargrave89 , Mirzam , moominmamma , MylittleTiger , NaturallyKait , pokeyac , profe , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , sciencemum , Shmootzi , sren , superficial1 , TheChainedAngel , Tormereva12 , worthy , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|