Mothering Forum banner

allergies=bad vaccine reactions?

472 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  briansmama 
#1 ·
My DD (14 months) has shown an increasing severe intolerance to diary. It started out with constipation and now it's hives on the face, explosive diarrhea, and screaming. We've completely eliminated dairy and she seems fine. She's also started showing sensitivities to lotions and soaps, etc. Could any of this mean that she is more prone to severe reactions to vaccines? She did have vax's at 2 months and had a really high fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and screaming. She hasn't had any since.

I've read in a few places that they think certain autoimmune disorders are triggered by certain vaccines. I'm very nervous that her body is showing me signs that there's something going on and if I proceed in starting her vax's that it will totally mess her up. Any suggestions, advice, or research would be greatly appreciated.

I'm x-posting in vaccines as well.

#2 ·
very interested to see what you hear from others. I have NO scientific data or any credible evidence, emprical or otherwise, but do think there is something to the fact that exDH and I vehemently opposed vax with DS #2 and he has severe allergies.
I really have a lot of suspicion around just exactly what role our intentions play in these things. Between our 2 kids is when we learned of vax issues.

Our first had the first 2 rounds of vax and then we learned about the controversy and stopped. I became a warrior in the anti-vax/circ/formula/processed food/medically-managed-when-unnecessary-birth crusade. And lo and behold, my prenatally well-fed (I ate organic, homecooked, lots of wheatgrass and other "good stuff") HB'd, unvaxed, uncirced, BF'd pretty darn healthy BFing/early foods diet kid is the one with all the dietary allergies and stuff.

My first, who was a prenatally-poorly-fed (I ate crap all the time), hospital-birthed (pitocin, epidural, plunger-doohickyed out of the canal) partially vaxed, and kind of bad food eating kid (although BF and given NO sugar til my mom ruined him on his first birthday) is this robust, healthy, clear-skinned, bright-eyed specimen.
My younger one is always sickly, eczema-ridden, scaly, patchy, pale, scrawny, dark-eye-circled...with no true reason why.

#3 ·
I don't know about more prone to severe reactions. I think what makes you prone to severe reactions are things like underlying metabolic issues personally. Allergies are very genetic in my opinion and experience. I think the previous poster's experience is telling. That said she reacted pretty strongly to her two months so that is something independent of her allergies to consider. Someone here will likely tell you she has allergies partially because of the immune assault at two months....just to prepare for that. Me, I think someone in her family (parent, grandparent, etc.) has allergies...true?

If you are hesitant about vaccines don't do them until you've made up your mind one way or the other. You can't take them back when its done.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbgrace View Post
I don't know about more prone to severe reactions. I think what makes you prone to severe reactions are things like underlying metabolic issues personally. Allergies are very genetic in my opinion and experience. I think the previous poster's experience is telling. That said she reacted pretty strongly to her two months so that is something independent of her allergies to consider. Someone here will likely tell you she has allergies partially because of the immune assault at two months....just to prepare for that. Me, I think someone in her family (parent, grandparent, etc.) has allergies...true?

If you are hesitant about vaccines don't do them until you've made up your mind one way or the other. You can't take them back when its done.
I don't understand for sure what you are saying, but I think it could be that you understood me to say my son had reactions from 2 rounds of vax. I did think my post seemed confusing and too "stream-of-consciousness" so it would make sense that readers would have NO clue what I was saying!

And if you were asking if we have family history of allergies, we have none diagnosed, but I think eczema is pretty commonly accepted to be an allergic reaction and exDH (father of my kids) had TERRIBLE eczema.

And I totally agree that you should not vax unless/until you resolve your concerns over it!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
I don't understand for sure what you are saying, but I think it could be that you understood me to say my son had reactions from 2 rounds of vax. I did think my post seemed confusing and too "stream-of-consciousness" so it would make sense that readers would have NO clue what I was saying!

And if you were asking if we have family history of allergies, we have none diagnosed, but I think eczema is pretty commonly accepted to be an allergic reaction and exDH (father of my kids) had TERRIBLE eczema.

And I totally agree that you should not vax unless/until you resolve your concerns over it!
Actually, my response was in regards to the original poster. I was saying things about her daughter's response to her 2 month vaxes and her daughter's allergies. But maybe my reference to you was confusing. I was telling the original poster that some would likely blame the allergies on the early vax. I personally don't. I was saying that like in your experience that I think allergies are largely genetic. I suspect the OP's daughter has allergies because someone in her family is allergic. But outside of that I was responding to the original poster. Sorry for the confusion.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
very interested to see what you hear from others. I have NO scientific data or any credible evidence, emprical or otherwise, but do think there is something to the fact that exDH and I vehemently opposed vax with DS #2 and he has severe allergies.
I really have a lot of suspicion around just exactly what role our intentions play in these things. Between our 2 kids is when we learned of vax issues.

Our first had the first 2 rounds of vax and then we learned about the controversy and stopped. I became a warrior in the anti-vax/circ/formula/processed food/medically-managed-when-unnecessary-birth crusade. And lo and behold, my prenatally well-fed (I ate organic, homecooked, lots of wheatgrass and other "good stuff") HB'd, unvaxed, uncirced, BF'd pretty darn healthy BFing/early foods diet kid is the one with all the dietary allergies and stuff.

My first, who was a prenatally-poorly-fed (I ate crap all the time), hospital-birthed (pitocin, epidural, plunger-doohickyed out of the canal) partially vaxed, and kind of bad food eating kid (although BF and given NO sugar til my mom ruined him on his first birthday) is this robust, healthy, clear-skinned, bright-eyed specimen.
My younger one is always sickly, eczema-ridden, scaly, patchy, pale, scrawny, dark-eye-circled...with no true reason why.
My story is VERY similar. Our firtborns could be the same kid except that I had a c section. I also ended up with a second c section though. My second is also the one with issues. I understand that our gut health can decline with each pregnancy (mine was not good to begin with) and I strongly suspect that is our issue. We have no family history of allergies. I have a feeling that my dd's immune problems (asthma and allergies) would leave her vulnerable to vax reactions. I wasn't planning to vax her anyway but that makes my resolve even stronger.

#7 ·
I'm reading Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Asthma, allergies, autism and ADHD by Kenneth Bock, MD (I mentioned this in a previous thread) and he makes a great case for vaccinations causing toxic over-load in underdeveloped immune systems and these four disorders becoming epidemics as a result.

I checked it out from the library, not expecting it to offer me new insight, but it really has. He goes into nutritional therapy, detoxing, and inflammation, and how these conditions are interrelated.

It's an interesting read, and helpful to us.

HTH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.