Link between vaccines and food allergies?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2008, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone heard or read anything about a possible link between vaccines and food allergies in infants?

We were still on the fence about vaccines, so went ahead and got dd her pile of 2-month vaccines (now, SO wish we hadn't). That very night, she had some nasty green, runny, stinky, spinach-looking poos. These have continued along with a bunch of other symptoms that started soon after, which we have finally figured out is food allergies (I posted a separate thread with info about the allergies).

I'm really curious about the possible connection, because dd has been exclusively breastfed since birth (NEVER any formula or solids), and from what I can find, the allergies don't usually start until baby is sensitized to the foods (by eating them herself.) It's also strange that although I ate all these foods while pregnant and after she was born, she didn't have any reaction to them until after the shots.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 AM

I think it was in Stephanie Cave's book that mention was made about yeast allergies and the Hep B shot.I have also been advised not to go with a flu shot if I have egg allergies so I don't think that your suspicions are far fetched.Sorry about your baby.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 AM

I've been looking into the cause of my childrens' food intolerances (not official allergies that show up on an IgE test, just sensitivities) and one of the first causes always listed is heavy metals in the body. Since we know vaccinations have aluminum and sometimes mercury in them, it makes total sense to me that they cause digestive problems. No more vaccines for our family, that's for sure...at the moment we can't eat gluten, dairy, eggs, or corn. Doesn't leave a lot of choices.

User Tag List