(If you can't do fish, sub in your favorite cooked and shredded meat...)
1lb rice noodles - we like the brown rice fusilli
2 6oz cans of safe tuna (JUST water packed)
1 1/2 cups diced mushrooms
5 Tbsp rice flour
5 Tbsp palm oil shortening (or other safe oil)
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 cups water or fish stock (or other stock to match your meat choice)
a couple handfuls of safe rice crisp cereal - we like erewhon
a few handfuls of nutritional yeast, if you can have it.
1. Start water boiling for noodles.
2. In a med saucepan, melt oil, add flour, salt & pepper, stirring. simmer until bubbling.
3. add mushrooms & water/stock. simmer until it has thickened to your desired thickness.
4. prepare noodles according to directions, drain & rinse.
5. preheat oven for 350*F
6. put noodles in two large casserole dishes.
7. mix one can of tuna into each dish.
8. mix in half of flour mixture over each dish.
9. sprinkle top with crushed cereal & nutritional yeast. salt to taste.
10. bake in oven for roughly 20 minutes - until the sauce is bubbly and the top is crispy.
(If you can do potatoes, crumbled up chips on top are heavenly.