Mothering Forum banner

How concerned should I be about dd's eczema?

620 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ja mama 
#1 ·
Hi, Thanks for reading and responding:
DD has had eczema since 2 months. She is 10 months. Exclusively bf, no vax and overall very healthy. She has eczema on her legs--in the creases. She scratches at them whenever we change her, but once she's covered up she doesn't. The sores are mostly dry, but bright red and they look bad. I've tried many, many otc potions, lotions etc. , flax seed, even prim oil, soaps, etc and nothing has improved. I've gone off wheat for three days and most dairy and no nuts. Btw, I'm starving!
Is this enough to really go gung ho on elimination diet? I'll do it for her, but I'd really like to see some results. Thanks.

#3 ·
It can take 2-3 weeks to see results from an elimination diet.

I know this from experience.

I would have never have even tried it, but some stranger suggested me to go egg and dairy free for three weeks to see improvements in my ds eczema. At that point I would have done almost anything. (his eczema was severe)

Later when I showed the ped that I had cleared ds eczema with diet elimination he said that it was a viable "treatment" but he never mentioned it because he felt most parents could not follow through with that kind of diet plan.

For us it was totally worth it.

I would try first eliminating dairy and egg.

#4 ·
My ds1 was allergic to wheat, dairy and strawberries. And he has eczema. I didn't go without because the amount it bothered him was so minimal compared to the discomfort for me to eat nutritiously without. He couldn't eat those things though without reacting really bad. And he has outgrown those allergies, mostly, but still has eczema flare ups that don't seem food related. Don't know if my point of view helps at all, or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.