Mothering Forum banner

ear infections/dairy allergy

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hvl25 
#1 ·
does anyone know of any links between dairy allergy and ear infections? Any website with info? my neighbors have had their 8mo on antibiotics forever trying to treat his ear infections, they are on them again, he had a 104 degree fever for a few days and after 4 days on antibiotics the fever is gone. They are very mainstream but I think if I can give them some hardcore info they may try something else. I have some willow bark/garlic oil ear oil that I am letting them borrow to try. The bad part is the mom has a degree in health admin !!! The oil I have does not have mullein oil in it which I know would help with his ear pain. They need to try something though.

edit: he has been taken out of daycare hoping that will help and he was allergic to formula so had to be put on I believe Nutramigen and is now on I think Carnation Good Start.

#2 ·
....go to my "Hope, Faith and Activism" thread on the
VAX forum to read about casein (the major dairy protein) allergy and "leaky gut syndrome"--- definitely the result of the antibiotic onslaught.

I'm sure this poor child is vaxed-- my unvaxed son has never had an ear infection, though when he got measles we took him in (to appease my wife) and the doctor said he had an ear infection and prescribed antibiotics!!

My son, of course (without any antibiotics) continued on to beat the measles handily.

hvl25, you're trying to do the right thing. Maybe these papers will help:

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/73/2/444S

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/69/5/1035S

Good luck,

Ray

#3 ·
Thanks Ray,

yes, he is vaxed to date of course. And I offered my garlic/willow bark ear drops last night, I told the dad to stop back by on his way home and he took a different way to his house and never came by. I know because my son was with him, he went with his son to eat. I am sure they think I am a nut or something. I will print these pages out though and maybe something will sink in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.