infant allergy to elemental formula- corn syrup solids? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 35 Old 07-06-2008, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
WARNING--Rice Dream is the WORST rice milk on the market for allergies. No matter what the label says, IT CONTAINS GLUTEN. The amount of barley is small enough to slip under the legal regs, but any amount is too much for a child with an allergy or with celiac. My son reacted. The processing is also highly questionable. Almost any other rice milk is safer.

I've got to run, but wanted to get that out there asap.
yep, they changed there detection method to only check for 20ppm which is the legal limit. Its still processed with 0.2% barley but they don't have to list it as its not an actual ingredient but rather used in the processing. If you can and ask point blank "is it processed with barley?" they will say yes (I called and they tried just saying "its legally gluten free" I asked point blank and they admitted its still made with barley) and was the source of my celiac daughters reactions.

Seriously?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 07-06-2008, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
WARNING--Rice Dream is the WORST rice milk on the market for allergies. No matter what the label says, IT CONTAINS GLUTEN. The amount of barley is small enough to slip under the legal regs, but any amount is too much for a child with an allergy or with celiac. My son reacted. The processing is also highly questionable. Almost any other rice milk is safer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
yep, they changed there detection method to only check for 20ppm which is the legal limit. Its still processed with 0.2% barley but they don't have to list it as its not an actual ingredient but rather used in the processing. If you can and ask point blank "is it processed with barley?" they will say yes (I called and they tried just saying "its legally gluten free" I asked point blank and they admitted its still made with barley) and was the source of my celiac daughters reactions.
Are you sh*tting me?!? No wonder we've never been able to get DD to baseline... although I haven't been drinking it the past week or two, and she's looking a lot better! That is so infuriating.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#33 of 35 Old 07-06-2008, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Are you sh*tting me?!? No wonder we've never been able to get DD to baseline... although I haven't been drinking it the past week or two, and she's looking a lot better! That is so infuriating.
No, no kdding here. I was petty PO'd when I found out. Check out there FAQ

http://www.tastethedream.com/info/qa...m.php#faqid474

Is Rice Dream Beverage a gluten free product?

Yes. Although Rice Dream Beverage is processed using a barley enzyme, the barley enzyme is discarded after use. The final beverage might contain a minute residual amount (less than .002%) of barley protein.

ummm, then its not GF ya morons! To me GF means 0.00000% gluten! I don't care what the legal limit is.

Seriously?

#34 of 35 Old 11-06-2015, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi ladies,
I know it's long time. My 5 months baby also allergic to all formulas even elemental ones. He is doing great on breastmilk with elimination diet. But my breastmilk is decreasing whatever I do. It is about to come to end. I don't know how to feed my baby, how did you handle all of these things? Are they all over for you?
#35 of 35 Old 01-24-2016, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulya View Post
Hi ladies,
I know it's long time. My 5 months baby also allergic to all formulas even elemental ones. He is doing great on breastmilk with elimination diet. But my breastmilk is decreasing whatever I do. It is about to come to end. I don't know how to feed my baby, how did you handle all of these things? Are they all over for you?
You should start your own thread so everyone knows it is a new problem. Include information like what foods you have had to eliminate and what you have tried to maintain or increase your supply.

Frequent feedings, snacks and water for mom while nursing can increase supply, and worked for me far better than pumping.

Keep on keeping on.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page