Success with NAET - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone had success with NAET treatments? My 2 boys and are are going to start in a week and I've read a million success stories but I want to hear some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 AM

I'dlove to hear that too. This is first time I heard about it, had to google it to find out what it was. Looks great.
#3 of 7 Old 06-30-2008, 03:09 AM

Probably not what you want to hear, but we didn't have success with it.

#4 of 7 Old 06-30-2008, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Can I ask what happened and why you think it didn't work?
#5 of 7 Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviac View Post
Can I ask what happened and why you think it didn't work?
Well, the NAET-certified chiro did the muscle testing to determine what dd's allergens were (however, I'd told him all of her allergens just before during our intake interview). I acted as dd's proxy, so while I held her in one arm, I held the vials in my other hand. He tested about 10 vials per visit. Then, he treated us using some clicker thing on my back while I held the vial. We went home, strictly avoided the food(s) for 25 hours. For us, we didn't immediately consume the allergenic food again until we went back to the chiro for re-testing where he would tell us if the thing was "cleared" or not. We were "clear" every time, but when we went home to trial the foods (dairy and corn) dd reacted as usual. We went to 5 sessions over two weeks (every other day).

Several of the "positives" he identified were to things dd never reacted to, but NAET's reasoning is that it's causing damage you can't see. I can buy that (I know that subclinical reactions can happen), but the things she is definitely allergic to weren't even touched by the treatment, despite our strict avoidance during the 25 hours and despite the chiro's assurance they were "cleared." This chiro, ftr, was certified to a level 3, twice over.

There was a big thread about NAET in Health and Healing a while ago. I know there were others like me who did not have success with it. There were quite a few people who did, however. I personally have a good friend who feels NAET cured her and her family of allergies.
#6 of 7 Old 07-01-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post
Well, the NAET-certified chiro did the muscle testing to determine what dd's allergens were (however, I'd told him all of her allergens just before during our intake interview). I acted as dd's proxy, so while I held her in one arm, I held the vials in my other hand. He tested about 10 vials per visit. Then, he treated us using some clicker thing on my back while I held the vial. We went home, strictly avoided the food(s) for 25 hours. For us, we didn't immediately consume the allergenic food again until we went back to the chiro for re-testing where he would tell us if the thing was "cleared" or not. We were "clear" every time, but when we went home to trial the foods (dairy and corn) dd reacted as usual. We went to 5 sessions over two weeks (every other day).

Several of the "positives" he identified were to things dd never reacted to, but NAET's reasoning is that it's causing damage you can't see. I can buy that (I know that subclinical reactions can happen), but the things she is definitely allergic to weren't even touched by the treatment, despite our strict avoidance during the 25 hours and despite the chiro's assurance they were "cleared." This chiro, ftr, was certified to a level 3, twice over.

There was a big thread about NAET in Health and Healing a while ago. I know there were others like me who did not have success with it. There were quite a few people who did, however. I personally have a good friend who feels NAET cured her and her family of allergies.
Your experience sounds about like mine. I even went to 2 different practitioners just to be sure. It didn't do a darn thing. I was so disappointed, and felt really scammed because it cost a LOT of money. But if it had worked I would have gladly paid for it.

Jaime ~ married to Chad, mommie to Elaine shamrocksmile.gif 03/17/08, 3rdtri.gif due 02/14/11 joy.gifHappy Valentines Day!

#7 of 7 Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well we are doing bioset treatments which I understand to be very similar to NAET but maybe without some of the other aspects. I think its the same device though. My chiro's wife/NP does the treatments. She was cleared of anaphylactic shellfish allergy herself. She told me that dd's body has to do the clearing "work" and that if she has candida, it is much harder to do this. That if we keep treating her and she tests as clear, but then doesn't remain that way, its due to candida. Kind of a bummer but more evidence that we need to get rid of that darn yeast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 tea6.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page