Join Date: Aug 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do fish oil for me. DD has coconut milk yogurt and CLO in her smoothies (a few times a week). I was doing bone broth (chicken and beef) until DD turned out intolerant to beef and DS turned out intolerant to chicken!! We avoid all the foods that we're intolerant of (most important, in my mind). And we have digestive enzymes, but I haven't started anybody on it yet.
Wow! Great responses mamas! You all inspired me to take the plunge and head over to a health food store to get started. I bought:
1. A Calcium/ Magnesium chewable from Twinlabs.
2. A digestive enzyme made from Papaya and with others including Bromalain. I take it with meals but notice I'm getting gas pains about an hour later - is this to be expected?
3. An Omega 3, 6, and 9 oil - lemon zest flavor. Its pretty yummy actually.
4. A mulitvitamin from Twinlabs. But I realized after the fact it has soy lecithen in it. Don't know how I missed that. I had already taken one before I realized my error but dd didn't seem to react. Any chance soy lecithen once a day in a multi-vit is okay?
5. A probiotic that said "non-dairy", but in a separate area that listed allergen info it did not say milk free along with all the others. So now I'm thinking it is actually milk based. I need to check but luckily I haven't opened it so I can return it if needed.
6. I plan to return to get a Brewer's yeast with fiber drink the saleslady recommended (they were out). We're trialling wheat today. If its a no-go on wheat can I still use Brewer's yeast? I don't know what brewer's yeast is or how its different from other yeast.
7. She also recommended a Rice-based protein drink to help with weight gain, or at least hopefully stop weight loss.
So that's where we are, in addition to being Top 8 + oats and coffee free. Last night I also bought 2 allergy cookbooks so I can break out of my rut of foods I'm eating these days :
DoulaMary - thanks for your thoughts. I called the company re:the Omega swirl. CLO was the only listed source but I wanted to be sure and they verified that CLO is the source for the omega's and also that none of the ingredients are soy derived so it sounds like that one is okay.
RE: bromalain - your point makes me wonder how many of you are doing other dietary restrictions in addition to eliminating foods that cause reactions. For example, I drink orange juice every day. Maybe I should be avoiding citrus?
I'm thinking for dd I should start a probiotic and bone broth. And maybe CLO though for some reason my gut response to that one is "not a good idea" - not sure what my concerns are with it so I need to sit with that one a bit.
That's all I can manage right now. I feel like such a wuss for saying this because so many of you are dealing with so much more - but I'm having a really emotional time about making this change. It says a lot to me about the role of food in my life, and I think this change will be good for many reasons.
TaraJean56: The CLO I give Tyler is Carlson for Kids and the dosage is 1/2 tsp/day. It's lemon flavored, but I till mix it in with his water/juice.
Probiotics come in kids formulas with dosages, but the one we found that has been working so good for us is in a capsule, so I just empty that into his drink as well and for him, I was doing three capsules a day, but am down to two. Whatever you do, work your way up, so the body can adjust to it.
|55 members and 9,507 guests|
|AlmostJenny , AmyC , Anne Jividen , bec28 , bluefaery , bren94 , chickabiddy , Daffodil , Eeyore_fan , frugalmama , Hulya , japonica , Jessi Darklighter , katelove , ktolbert09 , Lifted , lilgreen , LiLStar , lilyofjudah , Linda on the move , loba , LoveOurBabies , mambera , marmy , mckittre , MDoc , Milk8shake , moominmamma , Nemi27 , Nightwish , Nonie's mom , oaksie68 , petra petra , philomom , Piskito , profe , Reyhan , rubelin , SandiMae , sarafl , Serenity Now , Smithdiana924 , SplashingPuddle , Tiffa , Tigerle , ummsby , VS Angela , williamleung415 , Wintermamaofsummerbaby , Xobel , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|