My research: CSS - c-section syndrome (causing allergies) - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks, i really felt badly about it. and nervous! i just felt like we needed to wipe out the yeast as fast as possible. im kinda concerned though about the die-off. dd is definitely having tantrums left and right, but im not having much. i feel headachy (which is normal anymore) and forgetful, maybe a little cranky and not sleeping well even when dd isnt up. thats about it though. i was hoping for massive die off so that i would feel like maybe all this really was yeast, kwim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 PM

Calm- So what do you advise for parasites? My ND thought my elevated eos might be from parasites too- I did a stool test, came back clean; spit test, came back equivocal for ameba histolytica. She wanted to go ahead and treat for it even though it was equivocal... but that the conventional treatments weren't good while BFing. So she mixed me up an EO blend that she says has about a 50/50 success rate for her, and then I realized that it had a couple ingredients that DD is allergic to, so we both agreed that I should hold off on it for now. So what does one do to fight parasites while BFing?

FF- I am going to check out that video in just a few minutes!!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#423 of 1043 Old 11-12-2008, 02:51 AM

ellasmama the only eos I know about are essential oils... sorry... but... this is for you

re: nutrition, I think it is a really important step in alleviating symptoms. It has been in our family's experience. Dh's unbeleivably severe IBS symptoms, my dd1's minor IBS, my dd2's exema and speech delays all aleiviated (sp?) with diet changes. Dd1 actually only really normalized when put on probiotics. For me: already being gfcf i felt great all first 6 months of this pregnancy, but when I reintroduced those foods even though ususally with enzymes i started having all sorts of crazy symptoms. These symptoms did not go away from just stoppinng eating those foods. I started supplementing and then found a slow build up to releif. Since health and nutrition are so important to me dh thought i was a joke when i listed malnutrition as one of my theories of what was wrong with me. But when I started taking this mineral supplement
http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=3486
was when i found real releif. Some symptoms are caused by the presence of bad foods and eliminatinng them can help but other symptoms need their own treatment. Based on our experiences, I cannot imagine having seen improvement without the dietary changes.

also: dandruff and cradle cap... for us they go away when I wash with a paste of baking soda and shampoo. My dandruff takes way longer to go away than dd2's cradle cap.
#424 of 1043 Old 11-12-2008, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
also: dandruff and cradle cap... for us they go away when I wash with a paste of baking soda and shampoo.
Use of Baking Soda as a Fungicide

EM, diflucan has its place. For systemic infections, it can be the way to go. You may need to take the probiotic yeast Saccharomyces boulardii as it will be sacrificed. My main concern with it is for long term use... I wouldn't recommend it for that. And as yeast can be chronic and hard to contain, the treatment you use must be able to be used for the long haul. However, for a big initial wipe out, for where you are at, you're ok. State of mind is very important. In fact, all dis-ease begins there. So love your choices, and we'll try to get to the bottom of this.

It's very satisfying to have a big die off, and disappointing to get nothing. But don't let that put you off. It doesn't indicate a small yeast infection, if you get little or no die off. Unfortunately, for if it did, it would be like a test in itself. For some reason, some people just don't suffer with it.

For an antiparasite treatment, I'll come back... going to have a nice chat with DH as we've been so busy we barely recognise each other at the moment.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#425 of 1043 Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
Use of Baking Soda as a Fungicide

You may need to take the probiotic yeast Saccharomyces boulardii as it will be sacrificed.
Baking soda changes the ph, therefore it alters the environment of the fungus. Baking soda baths help eczema for this reason.

Do not take the S. boulardii supplementation at the same time as any prescription antifungals, such as Nystatin, Diflucan, Sporonox, etc. Antifungals kill S. boulardii; therefore, physicians usually recommend that they be taken at a different time of the day (separated by 2 to 3 hours).

This probiotic, non-colonizing, non-candida related yeast, aggresively displaces unhealthy candida species in the GI tract. It is popular in Europe as a treatment for post antibiotic diarrhea. The effect of supplementation lasts only while Saccharomyces boulardii is taken and does not colonize the gut. It is useful in quickly diminishing concentrations of unhealthy yeast species and allowing friendly strains of flora to proliferate.

Store-bought raw, organic Kombucha has 1 billion live S. boulardii organisms per 8 oz.

Pat

I have a blog.
#426 of 1043 Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
State of mind is very important. In fact, all dis-ease begins there. So love your choices, and we'll try to get to the bottom of this.
l
I just need to repeat this. I will talk a bit more when you have more questions because I fear that anything I have to say will feel as though it's pushing you in one direction and I can't do that. However, in the mean time the above statement cannot be more important. I look at things on an energetic level, but for those looking more on the physical plane fear creates a very specific cascade of endorphins that actually do change the pH of your body as well as the actual chemistry. It is more important that ever now to see this as information and not be pushed into a place of fear as hard as that might be. Take a deep breath. I know it feels urgent, but it is SO important (as it is when we are raising our children) to not make decisions based on fear. Easier said than done, but as someone who has BTDT for myself, one of my children and my mother I have to say that information is your biggest ally and love is essential.
#427 of 1043 Old 11-13-2008, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Baking soda changes the ph, therefore it alters the environment of the fungus.
it alkalises, which is interesting, seeing as how candida like alkaline.

Here's some stuff to shake you all up.

Cancer is a fungus, cured with sodium bicarbonate

The video of the doctor behind the cure
Scroll down to the video, even if the page is blocked by a "join now" box.

The full video

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#428 of 1043 Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, parasites.

First I'll be all foody and stuff... eat curry, lots of it, as hot as you can take it. There is much wisdom in India, a country battling parasites, that is the originator of the curry dish. All them good killin' herbs and spices.

Zinc. Always with the zinc.

Next, for a stock standard, kill all protocol, you can't really beat Hulda Clark's. You can see her, but only if you have advanced cancer. There are other practitioners that follow her research that take less than advanced cases. When I first studied her research and reproduced some of her findings myself, I had to boil my own damned remedies, and crush my own damned cloves - I grew my own wormwood in the backyard! (still do, heh) Now, you can get the whole treatment from one place in a nice tidy package. Dammit.

Complete herbal parasite program

She says if you are pregnant, do it. I say, no comment. Wormwood has interesting history, but I believe the arteminisin has been taken out of their product. (she is not affiliated with the site, they just use her protocol and info, as all her info has no copyright... intentionally)

Here is the chart and info for using the treatment, whether bought from them or your own.

Keep in mind, when you kill parasites, there is a hierarchy you are dealing with, in descending order of size. Living in the parasites are bacteria and viruses (like all living things have). When you kill the parasite, they jump out of it, into you. You may get sick, with flu, or sore throat, or other viral/bacterial issue. You may not. Your immune system may get right on it. Some parasites are just one cell in size and only contain a virus, or even nothing. Some are 3 foot worms, and boy, they let out an army when they go, unless you just pass them in the toilet, which is the best scenario.

I didn't get sick at all, but I've never been sick in my life with a bug according to my mother (actually, I got my first cold three years ago *sob*). My daughter was 3 or 4 when she was on the treatment, she got a fever. I let the fever run without interference (I always do). She burned off the invaders in less than a day. Note that the fever went to 104 degrees, not many mamas are that brave - or stupid. If you freak about it while treating a child, don't hesitate to treat a fever. If you choose to do what I did, through an excessive fever, you must know what you're doing and what signs to look for, have professional support; and fever maintenance means you are with them every second.

For other options on anti-parasite treatments, note that ALL natural cancer treatments (that have ever worked) are anti-parasite/bacteria/fungus/virus.

That is no coincidence.

You can use any of the traditional cancer herbs/oils as a parasite cleanse, the more you use, the more thorough the cleanse. It should hit the candida too, although I believe antifungal treatment is necessary with them cos they are the most hardy, evasive bugs.

The three herbs used in H. Clarks are the best, in my opinion though. They kill the parasites, the larvae and the egg stages. You can do your own, if you can get each of those three somewhere. The walnut hull tincture is the problem though, they must be green and it must be done properly to maintain the anti parasitic effect.

Keep me posted if anyone does it!

#429 of 1043 Old 11-13-2008, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Coming soon... oral chelation!

FF or anyone willing, you can give your rendition also... the more the merrier.

#430 of 1043 Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 PM

calm
when treating for parasites in a child, what do you rec.? Doses, ect. And nourishing to support? Or yeast for that matter? My dd has been fighting yeast for at least two years--it is finally dying with the threelac--but I feel she is malabsorbant (is that a word) what with the damage done--what can I do to support and nourish her to a) build her health b) support her immune system and c)ensure we don't have this again for a VERY long time? I'd appreciate any/all input from you and FF...this thread is amazing. Any book rec's? Thanks!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#431 of 1043 Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 PM

im sorry i dont want to double post, but i want to give you a quick rundown of what happened.my bloodwork is NEGATIVE for cancer!!! however, he has not a clue what is wrong with me and is deeply concerned that my organs could start to fail if we dont figure this out. he has no idea why this started and he feels strongly that this must be an autoimmune disease, possibly mastocytosis (which i had been researching for dd months ago ironically) but that is just a guess. otherwise, he thinks it could be parasites and is testing me again. calm, i have to take more time to read into your parasite cleanse. the onc wanted to start me on a parasite med that is not compatable with bf so i declined it.
so, i am going back for a bone marrow biopsy and we still have 2 lab values not yet back. ALL the rest of the bloodwork was normal. he is waiting to see what the final two results are (my ige level and a test for mastocytosis)and then he is going to send me for a second opinion to someone he feels is more of an expert in eos/oncology/immunology.
also, he truly believes that i am definitely sending ella components in the breast milk which will make her highly atopic. he strongly urged me to wean her. at the levels where my eos are right now, he said it is unlikely that im not flooding her bm with my allergy response.
in terms of the s. boulardii, i tried water kefir and dd reacts to the sugar i think. i was afraid kombucha would be the same problem, not to mention dd showed moderate allergies to brewers and bakers yeasts. that made me worry that the s.boulardii would be a problem for her. until this last week, my regimine consists of: pure encapsulations multi vit, coq10, ca/mg/d, biotin, twin labs clo, quercetin with c, l glut, lacto duo, vsl#3, digest gold with meals, virastop and candidase at night twice,kirkmans cow milk colostrum, organics as much as we can find/afford. the onc told me to take out everything but my multi, so i interpretted that to be my multi, c, ca/mg/d, digest gold with meals, and the probs .

thank you for all your knowlege and advice about this.
#432 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ellasmama: This may have been covered elsewhere, but how do you take "cows milk colostrum" if you can't have dairy? Am I missing something?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#433 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
calm
when treating for parasites in a child, what do you rec.? Doses, ect. And nourishing to support? Or yeast for that matter? My dd has been fighting yeast for at least two years--it is finally dying with the threelac--but I feel she is malabsorbant (is that a word) what with the damage done--what can I do to support and nourish her to a) build her health b) support her immune system and c)ensure we don't have this again for a VERY long time? I'd appreciate any/all input from you and FF...this thread is amazing. Any book rec's? Thanks!
I will look up the dose for a child tomorrow. I believe it follows the same protocol as the one linked, but lesser doses. I'll double check it all in my book.

With gut healing, the beauty there is that the bowel is a very fast regenerator, making a whole new bowel every 14 hours (I have to double check that time figure, but it's around that). Which means that, once obstacles to healing are removed, you should have a brand spankin' new colon in 24 hours. The body is an amazing machine. It's hard to believe that when we are sick and can't seem to get well. That's usually because we don't know what the obstacles are.

Quote:
what can I do to support and nourish her to a) build her health b) support her immune system and c)ensure we don't have this again for a VERY long time?
The answers to these questions are related. Unfortunately, modern life is not conducive to perfect health, it is elusive. Society seems to work against us as parents as we try to coax our kids to eat well, which is the mainstay of good health.

In Utopia, kids would eat from the trees, pull up roots and chomp into them, bite into the first wild strawberry of the season and think it was the best thing ever... there is Utopia, (help me save them), but we can only watch from the outside, how an untouched community operates, how they eat... we are but annoying researchers at the gates of heaven, taking notes.

It starts with love, then moves to food. Strong foundation of attachment and love nourishes where a superfood can only dream of reaching, viscerally.

Steer clear of sugars that aren't part of a plant, if it is a crystal, avoid it, don't be sprinkling crystals on anything. Long term yeast battling is not fun for anyone, but least of all for kids, who it seems have one job - to eat sugar. So it has to be balanced, no one wants their kids to look back on their youth and feel sad cos they were ripped off in some way.

So indulging occasionally is ok, because the next step in the plan has to be to keep ingesting bacteria. Probiotics in a bottle can't be done long term, that's no fun and they aren't optimal bugs, often tinkered with by bio engineers anyway. So fermented foods, a large array of choices of them, are my suggestion. Every meal should be accompanied by a fermented product, for digestion, and for bacteria. When I lived in Japan I learned to enjoy a little kimchi (although that is a Korean dish, it's big in Japan), or an umeboshi plum with my meals.

Superfoods.

Seaweed.

regular cleanses of organs

regular parasite cleanses, including a full candida cleanse

Avoid antibiotics - there are very few infections of any nature that can't be fought with a natural product more quickly and effectively anyway.

Avoid corticosteroids - they cause you to acquire an immune deficiency, it is why we take them (to suppress our immune system to alleviate symptoms). Yes, I just said they cause aids. Long story, wrong thread.

Cleanses have to be looked at as though they are food. Necessary for health, for our very survival. We can't avoid bugs, they're in the air we breathe and on all we eat. So we have to keep our stomach acid up and do regular cleanses.

Avoid eating sodium bicarbonate - it leaches minerals, causing cramping in the muscles, and it lowers stomach acidity, allowing infection.

Get a netti pot. I LOVE my netti pot! :

Bollocks, gotta run, baby waking.

#434 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM

So how do we know if it's a yeast, bacteria or parasite overgrowth? Does it matter? Should we just treat for all 3 and move on with life? Does treatment order matter? When during the treatment do we add the extra probiotics?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#435 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
ellasmama: This may have been covered elsewhere, but how do you take "cows milk colostrum" if you can't have dairy? Am I missing something?
it is completely casein-free http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/ViewProdu...roup_ID@1.aspx
my ped recommended it - im not even sure it does anything and i dont even like the idea of taking the baby cows' milk, but i just would do anything to heal us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
So how do we know if it's a yeast, bacteria or parasite overgrowth? Does it matter? Should we just treat for all 3 and move on with life? Does treatment order matter? When during the treatment do we add the extra probiotics?
:
#436 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
it is completely casein-free http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/ViewProdu...roup_ID@1.aspx
my ped recommended it - im not even sure it does anything and i dont even like the idea of taking the baby cows' milk, but i just would do anything to heal us!
I looked at the link. Me being paranoid -- there's no way that I'd take it. For us, with the milk intolerance, it doesn't matter what part of the milk is in something, if it's got a part in it, we can't tolerate it (whether it's casein, lactate, lactose, or any other derivative), even if it's a minute amount. It says in the description that it's casein free, but at the bottom, there's a big warning that says "Contains Milk". Obviously the doctor told you to take it for some reason, but for me, I wouldn't chance it. Especially if you're still trying to find out what's bothering her. Then again, I'm paranoid.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#437 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 02:24 PM

It contains whey, which is what transfers the colostrum.

#438 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 08:55 PM

Thanks, calm for your insights.
I'll get a neti pot tomorrow if my wlamart:carries one. (small town, only place to shop)
We're still on the threelac, and now dd is getting excema (sp) on her tummy. She's never had it ever anywhere--might this be a symptom of die off??? (Please say yes).
We've never done any dr rec meds, so we're good there.
My DH is interested in getting me some training of some sort--may I ask what it is that you do? I'm very impressed...and want to be able to better understand these things. Thanks so much! This has been very enlightening.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#439 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
im sorry i dont want to double post, but i want to give you a quick rundown of what happened.my bloodwork is NEGATIVE for cancer!!! however, he has not a clue what is wrong with me and is deeply concerned that my organs could start to fail if we dont figure this out. he has no idea why this started and he feels strongly that this must be an autoimmune disease, possibly mastocytosis (which i had been researching for dd months ago ironically) but that is just a guess. otherwise, he thinks it could be parasites and is testing me again. calm, i have to take more time to read into your parasite cleanse. the onc wanted to start me on a parasite med that is not compatable with bf so i declined it.
so, i am going back for a bone marrow biopsy and we still have 2 lab values not yet back. ALL the rest of the bloodwork was normal. he is waiting to see what the final two results are (my ige level and a test for mastocytosis)and then he is going to send me for a second opinion to someone he feels is more of an expert in eos/oncology/immunology.
also, he truly believes that i am definitely sending ella components in the breast milk which will make her highly atopic. he strongly urged me to wean her. at the levels where my eos are right now, he said it is unlikely that im not flooding her bm with my allergy response.
in terms of the s. boulardii, i tried water kefir and dd reacts to the sugar i think. i was afraid kombucha would be the same problem, not to mention dd showed moderate allergies to brewers and bakers yeasts. that made me worry that the s.boulardii would be a problem for her. until this last week, my regimine consists of: pure encapsulations multi vit, coq10, ca/mg/d, biotin, twin labs clo, quercetin with c, l glut, lacto duo, vsl#3, digest gold with meals, virastop and candidase at night twice,kirkmans cow milk colostrum, organics as much as we can find/afford. the onc told me to take out everything but my multi, so i interpretted that to be my multi, c, ca/mg/d, digest gold with meals, and the probs .

thank you for all your knowlege and advice about this.
I have two seconds here.

You really need to see a good ND. The first thing they would have said when they saw your numbers is parasite. Honestly. That's the first thing I thought. You need to follow your path, but I would not necessarily be visiting oncologists or getting bone marrow biopsies without having someone in my corner that knows that high EOS scream parasites. That's how ND's test for them, for crying out loud!

I have to run, but PLEASE. Is there any way you can have someone IRL inform or advise you on this so that they can order the necessary tests and provide some guidance amongst the professionals in your area? You are getting GREAT info here, but I doubt you have the ability to put these things into practice yourself. A great IBCLC is also a must right now. REALLY. They are not all created equal either. However, if you want to have someone that knows breastfeeding and can accurately assess the dangers to your dd in this situation....then you wouldn't have to feel so up against a wall. Sometimes help is important and in this situation you have enough on your plate without having to wade through all the info on your own.

Lots of good questions here and I'll be back after kiddos go down.
#440 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
Thanks, calm for your insights.
I'll get a neti pot tomorrow if my wlamart:carries one. (small town, only place to shop)
We're still on the threelac, and now dd is getting excema (sp) on her tummy. She's never had it ever anywhere--might this be a symptom of die off??? (Please say yes).
We've never done any dr rec meds, so we're good there.
My DH is interested in getting me some training of some sort--may I ask what it is that you do? I'm very impressed...and want to be able to better understand these things. Thanks so much! This has been very enlightening.
Jeanine is a naturopath. And one hell of a naturopath at that. I will state very clearly that most ND's churned out by the 5 accredited schools here in the US dont' come close to this kind of knowledge (which I'm certain most of you know.) Even if we don't agree on things I will be very honest that she has gone above and beyond in her training (as most healers do.)
#441 of 1043 Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM

ff, thank you. i agree with you completely. the onc wanted to start me on albenazole yesterday since he 's now on the parasite bandwagon, but that med isnt compatible with bf according to the other onc in that office. its just difficult because ive had 1 neg parasite test already and this one pending, but ill have to find someone else. i was really just waiting on the last of my labwork due back monday.
kathy, i felt the same way about the colostrum, but i honestly dont even know if dairy is a problem for us. i know its ridiculous, but i cut dairy and soy way back in the beginning of all this and just never trialed it because it didnt seem like a good idea. it wasnt a priority food group and seems to be problematic for so many... i havent noticed any issue with dd near the time that i started the colostrum adn i stopped it now for the onc and no change.
no wonder calm is so smart! i was really hoping you did something like that because so many people need the kind of help that you have to offer!
ff are you an nd also, you have been so insightful and helpful as well!
#442 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
There are some signs and symptoms that can give some things away, and there are some tests that pick up some bugs. But overall, it's something you just cleanse for regardless, esp if you are unwell in anyway, you do all of them. There are thousands of bugs, and modern medicine can test for a handful of the obvious ones, and can treat about 50 of them, with drugs that the bugs become resistant to.

The good news is, the parasite cleanse kills bacteria, yeast and parasites. It's a one stop shop. Wormwood is seriously cool stuff. Last I heard in W.H.O news, they are growing fields of it in Africa as it kills malaria, it is the only treatment that comes close to 100% effective against that parasite that scientists know of.

But as usual, they are growing all this so they can mess it up as they are going to “isolate” the effective chemical and reproduce it artificially – this will make it a drug that malaria will eventually become resistant to, which is the problem they keep having with each subsequent malarial drug throughout modern med history. If they just left it alone, as a herb, the WHOLE wormwood plant, it would still work and it wouldn't create resistance.

But there's no money in that.

People like myself are worried about this because if the bugs become resistant to their drug, will this cause the herb to become ineffective, too? For millennia it has been a staple, and its effectiveness hasn't diminished one iota. Will this be the end of that? Time will tell.

Both that and black walnut hull are both very effective against candida. Wormwood is known by some as the most aggressive anti-candida herb. They are both very effective against bacteria, and of course, parasites.

Wormwood is cautioned against during pregnancy and breastfeeding, however. Which is a pain the butt for this forum. But there will be many readers who don't fit that picture. The reason is the same as most herbs: lack of sufficient information. They caution against a natural product if they don't know, regardless of how many thousands of years quality healers have used a particular substance successfully. All that matters is their little lab coat trial, so if they haven't had one, they say, "don't use it". In the case of wormwood, it is more dicey than others, granted. Long term high dose use has shown to be unpretty.

Since I know I'll be asked what alternative to wormwood, I'll have to double check that site I linked as I know I read one of their wormwood products had the offending chem removed.

I would add probiotics now. You can't overdose on them, and the only time it is cautioned against using them is during antibiotics. They can feed on the dead and dying, and all the nutrients that will be liberated from same.

#443 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

BTW, thanks for the compliments! I'm not very good at handling them, so I ignore them where possible But I think MDC has so many intimidatingly clever healers, every now and again I sneak in a thread amongst the greats and they come and say such nice things about me like FF did and it totally makes my day.

I gotta go before I dig an embarrassing grave here....

#444 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

olive leaf! How could I forget that?

Re the question whether both partners should be treated, I'd say yes. It's a weird thing, cos we have yeast in our vaginas anyway, and from mouth to anus. It's not like we can "catch" it, it's already there. But it's about numbers. If there are more than the immune system can handle, then it is a kind of "catching it"-ness about it.

Thrush of the mouth/breast does the same thing, because candida isn't meant to be in a breast (it is meant to be in the mouth though). And by meant to be, I mean, mucous membranes are its home, and apart from keeping numbers in check, we also need to keep it contained to those areas.

You are having trouble getting DP to comply with a treatment, and that is unfortunate. But you can work around that. Try to keep sexual contact to once a day or less (heh, and don't I hate giving that kind of advice ) as semen is alkaline and can alkalise the vagina allowing thrush to grow, even if our partner doesn't have an infection. And as long as your yeast is under control, your immune system will get right on top of any visitors there. So just focus on what you can do.

Dannic, the skin and kidneys are the filters and excretors. When we cleanse we can overtax the kidneys and it will push more work to the skin. So the skin can play up in times of cleansing or illness. We can assume the skin issue on the tummy is this for the time being, but keep an eye on it. Does it itch? It it patchy, oozy... is it a ring or does it have a dot? Does it look like a burn? Is it flaking?

It isn't necessarily an allergic reaction. It could be part of the healing. Of course, it could be allergy or any number of other things, so keep us posted on what it does.

#445 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and Hering's Law of Cure.

Quote:
From above downwards.
From within outwards.
From a more important organ to a less important one.
In the reverse order of their coming.
It's a homeopathic thing, but I have seen it go like that in many types of healing. For instance, my son's issues started on his scalp, and spread down his forehead and then past his eyes, down his cheeks. They stayed there, and then disappeared. THEN, they came back on his neck, in the folds there (yeast, they love those warm cozy cracks), moved to his tummy. Disappeared from his neck, disappeared from his chest, remained for a week or so around his belly button. Then, gone. He still has a tiny weeny pink patch on the crease of one of his feet.

That is Hering's law of cure, from above downwards. Almost like it moves.

The history of my mother's asthma showed the reverse. She first got a skin issue on her foot, an itchy, pimply patch. She used cortisone (do NOT do this EVER on ANYTHING!!!!!) back in the days when doctor = God and medicine = gold. The skin patch went away... YAY, cure...

Uh... no. Sorry, no cure for you lady. Her lungs went bung, and she got hayfever... etc etc.

Steroids push external things internal, and this is the reverse of the order of cure. And from a less important organ (foot/skin) to her lungs! Text book case of how eczema becomes hayfever becomes asthma.

So watch a skin condition, it will tell you when you are on the right track or when you've steered a little of the track. I also watch for the reverse order of their coming. If a person had (hypothetically) a cough that turned into diarhea that went away then he got a red patch on his arm that went away and then he got a blue patch on his leg. He comes to see me about this blue patch. We set to work and the red patch on his arm comes back, then the diarrhea comes back, then the cough. This is good news for me, but sometimes confusing for him because he is thinking "You have brought back all those old issues I finally got rid of! This isn't helping." reverse order of their coming. This can happen.

Ok, done for tonight. Night all.

#446 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 10:29 AM

Jeanine,

As usual, thanks for the most excellent information. So just to summarize what you said about parasites:

Use Dr. Clark's Herbal Regimine
if nursing and for the nursling(?) sub olive leaf for wormwood
take probiotics (away from or at the same time)?

If still suspect yeast use yeast killer later?

Is this protocol safe for a 1 year old? At what dosages? And for a 5 year old?

finally, are there things we should do to support the detox pathways during this? You mentioned strain on the liver. Is there anything like an epsom salt bath for the liver? Or maybe saunas?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#447 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 10:31 AM

Ok, I was thinking about this last night and was wondering what people thought.

I had a time in my twenties when any time I drank alcohol (mostly wine) I'd get sick. I didn't need to get drunk. Just a glass would do it and then I'd wake up with a sore throat. Do you think this was a sensitivity/allergy thing? Or a yeast thing? It more or less went away, although I so rarely drink (haven't in 2 years now) that I can't say for sure if its still true.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#448 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Calm,

can I ask a question? I most certainly have parasites/bacteria as I have lyme. I am also on TONS of supplements in addition to a natural anitbiotic (cat's claw) & have been doing this for 1 year. I am better but nowhere near baseline. Do you suggest the Clark protocol in addition to all these supplements & cats claw or does a person have to be medication free to do the cleanse.

I feel like I am flailing about here & cannot find a good ND to help me. I just want to be healthy & be able to have more children, too.

Jamie

Mama to monkey #1 , monkey #2 , and new little monkey #3 . I am always :yawning and making lots of
#449 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 AM

Vitamin C is fantastic liver support. It doesn't detox the liver, it simply allows it to function at a higher level. If you have toxins circulating in your bloodstream, or PERCEIVED toxins it will allow the liver to clear things that much faster. This is a godsend for allergic mamas as it will decrease allergic reactions in an astonishing fashion. You can't OD, but there is a bowel tolerance point. I would start at about 100 mg every hour and increase until you get the rumblings in your belly....then back down a bit.

The liver is an amazing organ and can really be put through the ringer with things like yeast, parasites and bacteria. It is not always appropriate to detox it, but you can ALWAYS support it. Most people are C deficient anyhow having enough for the blood, but not the tissues.

As you start a regimen to kill of the baddies, don't forget your C (which by the way has been clinically shown to be a life saver even in anaphylactic reactions.)
#450 of 1043 Old 11-15-2008, 11:01 AM

Just a note about Hering's Law of Cure as homeopathy is my passion ...It is a phenomenal law and dead on in my experience. However you need to understand that it is ONLY really effective to use this as a gauge when the drugs are no longer being used. As Calm pointed out her mother experienced the opposite BECAUSE of the steroids. You can't be taking any form of meds and experience Hering's Law because it happens as the body is normalizing which it by definition cannot do on meds.

This is one reason to avoid the big drugs. By definition and what we are shown by the law is that they alter the body in a biochemical way that confuses it and prevents it from finding cure. I'm not bashing meds or telling anyone what to do, but as Calm mentioned in almost every case if we are WILLING to look there are alternatives. However as I posted in another thread we have to be willing to be active participants in our healing. Using natural products is a bit more time intensive, but the rewards are astonishing. It is easier to take a pill, easier by far, but the extra attention and care necessary when we are in pursuit of natural healing is part of the entire package and brings your consciousness to the act. It forces you to look at the patterns that got you to a state of dis-ease and create new ones. This is the most powerful aspect of healing and when we abdicate that responsibility I do not believe health can follow.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page