full body rash - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
welp, i just busted out into a full body rash. not to take away from the mama with the full body hives...i took 2 benadryl and i have prednisone from the allergist here. i also have my epipen ready and waiting.... this sucks.
i sat down to eat sweet potato with dried cranberries, cherries and blueberries, walnuts and hemp oil. i have only had the hemp oil 2 times before but i eat hemp seeds all the time and hemp protein shake a lot. apparently it doesnt matter. the walnuts are a new organic kind for me, but only include walnuts on the ingredients. i have had the dried fruits a million times ad sweet potatoes are a staple for me.
i have never had a food allergy in my life.
i have the epi pen and prednisone from hives and angioedema, including the throat. i posted about this on pumpkin pie's thread about hives...
i started getting random angioedema when dd was 5 weeks old. it turned out to be from tide detergent. i never had anything like this in my life, only mild seasonal allergies. i recently ( 4 days ago) broke out in hives all over and started having angioedema again including throat closing from another "hypoallergenic" detergent with the same ingredients as my usual. my daughter also developed some hives and was acting really fussy and irritable and i dont know if it was from my reaction to detergent, the tomato that i tried that day ( i have had a million tomatoes in my life), or her own reaction to detergent plus tomato.
i have racked my brain trying to figure out why this keeps happening after dd's birth. i know c-sections and abx can make a body do crazy things. i often wonder if the rhogam had something to do with it or the fact that our blood types are incompatable.
thanks for listening, this has been a bad week. now i have diminished milk supply to look forward to from the benadryl.
#2 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 12:00 PM

I hope this subsides. Take a ton of vitamin C, it's a natural antihistamine.

Antibiotics can certainly explain it. Don't know much about the Rhogam, does it still contain mercury? I keep meaning to read about vaccines and gut flora, there is a book in a medical library near me, I have to find time to go in.

I wouldn't rule out other nut cross contamination with the walnuts.
#3 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

thank you, jane . i will take vit c and quercetin too. i will avoid the hemp stuff and walnuts for now too!
the rhogam is supposed to be mercury free but i have read since getting the shot that hospitals and doctors are giving out the old one to use up the supplies ( like what is happening with the flu shot in a way the cheaper one is the one with the mercury)
#4 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

my rash is gone and fortunately the benadryl knocked out the rest of my hives. i dont know how people take that stuff all the time and for sleeping and whatnot. i find it to be horrible. plus it cut my milk in half ( i tried pumping a few times and put dd to breast constantly today to keep the milk from disappearing). poor lo gets soooo cranky when i take benadryl!
does anyone think she would be more likely to react to something right now because i have all those immunoglobins floating around?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page