Allergy ring vs regular rash??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD just got a butt rash that I am thinking looks like the allergy ring rash although I'm not 100% sure since she's never had it before. I have no idea if it's a response to a food or if it happened because she pooped and I didn't realize it for about 20 minutes (she usually is changed within seconds of pooping because she's very vocal when she goes so I am quite aware ). If it's an allergy ring will it go away with diaper rash cream in a day or two? Could she have been reacting to a food forever but I'm just so quick to change her that the ring never had a chance to appear before? I'm just trying to figure out how I'll ultimately know if it's just an irritation/regular rash or a food thing. Thanks for any hints. The only other thing she's had like this in the past was when I gave her lots of kiwi because she LOVED it and then I realized that was too acidic for her and it gave her a rash on her bum.

Still a sleepy mama to my fabulous 2 year old girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 PM

I'm curious to know this, too. My allergic dd never really had a rash that I could identify as an "allergy ring." My lo now got a rash like that after two days of me eating a lot of raw smoothies (fruits, spinach). I think it was acidity because when I stopped the smoothie fest, it went away. Also, I've eaten all those fruits (blackberries, peaches, mango, etc.) individually with no problem, so I think it was just an overabundance that caused the rash.
#3 of 6 Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out some connection like that. The only thing I can think of is that she's had lots of fresh peach the last few days but that's not really acidic so who knows!?

#4 of 6 Old 08-22-2008, 10:41 PM

An allergy ring won't clear up with cream, and it will occur whether you change the child right away or not. Mine ECs and still gets the ring and cream doesn't touch it.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#5 of 6 Old 08-22-2008, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
An allergy ring won't clear up with cream, and it will occur whether you change the child right away or not. Mine ECs and still gets the ring and cream doesn't touch it.
Good to know, thanks. Congrats on ECing too, BTW. I think that's awesome.

#6 of 6 Old 08-23-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
An allergy ring won't clear up with cream, and it will occur whether you change the child right away or not. .
I don't EC, but yes - this exactly.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page