Mothering Forum banner

allergy medications

687 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pumpkinhead 
#1 ·
My dd has had undiagnosed allergies since she was an infant. They seem to be not too bothersome, we have just wiped her nose and dealt with it ever since. She is now 3 1/2 and they have become much more prominant. She is in preschool and itches her nose often, thus, she is getting a lot of colds.

As much as I HATE to do it, I am considering allergy medicine. I have not really started to research it too much for side effects etc, but I was wondering if anyone has anything good, bad or indifferent about their experiences in giving it to young children.

I hate seeing this poor kid constantly uncomfortable, but I don't think she know any different. I am just afraid it will turn into asthma, since it does run in one side of her family.

If anyone has any good info on allergy medication, it would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
First off,if it were my child, before even considering any sort of allergy medication, I'd want to find out exactly what she was allergic to. It could be something dietary or environmental that you could just eliminate rather than go the drug route!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.