I'm a long time lurker on this board, and now really feel I need some help.
I have an almost 4 month old son and I'm noticing some problems and I'm too tired and stressed to be able to sort through the wealth of information that is on this board... please help me if you can.
Small, mild eczema on his leg (2 patches that started about a month or so ago, and a new patch that just showed up a few days ago)
Cradle cap that started when he was almost 2 months old
Lately - very fussy/needy (not hungry, dry etc.) More than normal, hard to calm.
- for the first time since he was a newborn he has been waking from his sleep crying (like something is making him uncomfortable, I just can't figure out what. It doesn't happen everytime, and it's not always the same time/location)
Very forceful gas (him not me!!)
Mucous in his stool (mostly yellow/ dark dark green in colour) Although today when I changed him after he had a poo I noticed one HUGE glob of mucous (no other poop) like the size of a golf ball (poor guy
Factors I think play a part:
- c-section - antibiotics
- mastitis at 1 months - antiobiotics
- mastitis now - antiobiotics (for what it's worth, this was my 7th time with -- mastitis and I've only needed the abx 2 times, I just couldn't beat it this time!!
- Giving Udo's choice probiotics while on abx both times (until today, after learning it's not a good one afterall) I bought a new one by SISU... any good?
- I'm currently experiencing looser bm's (sorry for the TMI)
- I developed thrush on first round of abx (he never showed symptoms)
- He received vacc's at 2 1/2 months ( Pentacel - I'm in Canada) This was a decision I had made on my selective/delayed schedule, but now my new schedule will involve, no more vacc's until further notice....
Things I have tried:
Dairy/soy - gone when he was a couple of weeks old (I don't consume obvious sources, but haven't been vigilant about not obvious sources.)
Sugar/Yeast products (inc. bread) - gone since first round of abx. Sugar extremely limited (e.g. apples, sugar cane in my cereal)
Wheat - I only eat kamut/spelt flour wraps, and I eat granola cereal, and a multigrain cereal. I eat quinoa as well.
I take probiotics (which unfortunately does contain dairy)
I use an All Purpose Nipple ointment for the thrush and I go tanning (hey it helps! and I have a great tan ha ha!)
I am at maximum stress/exhaustion right now (dad works 12 hour days and no other help is available)
Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated!!