Mothering Forum banner

least allergenic bean?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kjbrown92 
#1 ·
I'm going to start the TED but would really like to avoid meat if I can, so I thought about picking one bean instead of the turkey.....but google hasn't produced much in the way of help so I figured I'd ask here, what kind of bean should I pick?? Would lentils be a good one??

#2 ·
Good question... I would like to know too. We're off all legumes right now, but eventually I would like to trial some kind of bean, because all the meat I'm having to eat is killing our grocery bill!

I just checked the Joneja charts, and all the beans & lentils are lumped together. None show as more/less allergenic than others.

#5 ·
how about a fish instead of a "meat"? A white fish like tilapia or catfish (not a shellfish).
My DD had to avoid legumes for 18 months before she got some of them back (not all). DS still has severe reactions to soy and green peas, though he can handle black-eyed peas, great Northerns, lima beans, and string beans. Legumes seem to be pretty allergenic overall. Quinoa is a protein...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.