jiminy crickets! we healed a cavity! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
another thank you to everyone who contributed to the 'healing cavities with nutrition' sticky. Jane, you have a lot of fans...lol ! I have learned sssoooo much from this forum, that sticky, endless posts.

we just got back from seeing Dr Pike. He and I disagree about some things, but the good and positive we came away with today is that he said ' you must have healed that molar, I don't see anything now.' I said " would you say that again?!" and he did.

the second tooth we've been watching , a bicuspid, is another story. he wants to put a sortof orthodontic 'band' , stainless steel around this tooth, cemmented with a product called glass isomer(made of ground glass, still researching that one)after cleaning it, to curtail the decay. Of all the options he listed, this seems the quickest, least invasive/intrusive, and safest. I am considering it, and do have the appointment scheduled primarily because Aidan has said to me once that this tooth hurts sometimes.
I've never heard of this banding thing before, but I will say that Pike was very accepting of our absolute no to fluoride (no pushing) and voiced first, his concerns about nixing the decay and any pain.

so, that's where we are....I am somewhat relieved and still on the learning path on this forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 PM

:::

Pat

I have a blog.
#3 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 PM

Curious if you used MI paste?

Pat

I have a blog.
#4 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Woo-hoo! Good job!
#5 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

aaaaaaahhh, glass isomer cement contains fuoride! ack. I am torn here, between canceling this appt and the only other cement alternative I can find so far, which has polymer resin in it.............anyone know about this? more reading.....

WuWei~ no we don't use MI paste........yet anyway. Over the past year I have used bronners plain bar soap, a fuoride free Toms of maine, and usually just a mixture of xylitol and white oak bark tincture...or just water. I do use xylitol mints and gum.
#6 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM

Do you mind giving a blow by blow recap of what you did? If you don't have time for that (and I understand if you don't) then a quick recap? I've read the nutrition sticky but there doesn't seem to be any one way to go about it.
#7 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 PM

:::

Yes, please! A blow by blow would be so helpful! We are just beginning to heal ds1's cavities right now!
#8 of 10 Old 12-03-2008, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

back again!

what we have been doing for Aidan is....
high vitamin cod liver oil
X Factor butter oil
probiotics
multivitamin
tracemineral drops
vit D drops
cal phos(homeopathic) tissue salts
cal flour.(homeopathic)tissue salts
cal mag pwdr form
bone broths
kerry gold butter or raw when I can get it or make it
organic produce, meats, eggs, everything we can possibly find
Xylitol
white oak bark tincture

the last two items I use to clean his teeth along with plain ol bar soap, bronnors, or I use an herbal recipe

Aidan and I both have been taking a few other things too, on a gut healing adventure. My bottom line belief is that anything that becomes a challenge, healthwise, comes down to healing the gut, nutritional issues. I cook mostly from my Traditional Foods cookbook and a few others that are basically oldworld/old school cookery. Keep it simple, keep it close to it's original form as you can when you eat it, support that tiny GI tract and immune system as much as possible while they are getting used to their new bodies, do your homework.............and wow, namaste****** to this forum!!!!
#9 of 10 Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

one other wee note

I can't applaud that 'curing cavities with nutrition' sticky enough. It is absolutely worth printing it out, reading and rereading, highlighting, k eeping for reference, taking with you to the healthfood store.

thank you again to everyone who has contributed to it!

I love mothering mamas
#10 of 10 Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCanaryCait View Post
back again!

what we have been doing for Aidan is....
high vitamin cod liver oil
X Factor butter oil
probiotics
multivitamin
tracemineral drops
vit D drops
cal phos(homeopathic) tissue salts
cal flour.(homeopathic)tissue salts
cal mag pwdr form
bone broths
kerry gold butter or raw when I can get it or make it
organic produce, meats, eggs, everything we can possibly find
Xylitol
white oak bark tincture

the last two items I use to clean his teeth along with plain ol bar soap, bronnors, or I use an herbal recipe

Aidan and I both have been taking a few other things too, on a gut healing adventure. My bottom line belief is that anything that becomes a challenge, healthwise, comes down to healing the gut, nutritional issues. I cook mostly from my Traditional Foods cookbook and a few others that are basically oldworld/old school cookery. Keep it simple, keep it close to it's original form as you can when you eat it, support that tiny GI tract and immune system as much as possible while they are getting used to their new bodies, do your homework.............and wow, namaste****** to this forum!!!!
Wow, THANKS! I have a mouthful of cavaties and even if I can't heal them, anything I can do to prevent them from getting worse or at least slowing will help tons.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page