Crap my filling fell out. Do I have to pay for this? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In between one of my front teeth I have a cavity that bothers me when I floss. There was also another small cavity on that same tooth that I had filled previously. Well, it just fell out! Now I have this big hole behind my front tooth!

We have no money to fix this. Unless we charge it on our already close to being maxxed out CC.

Will the same dentist charge me to fix this? I have to get the other cavity filled while I am there because it is going to start hurting if I don't fix it. Sigh.

I can't go til Wed. Is that temporary dental filling stuff any good/necessary?

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#2 of 5 Old 01-17-2009, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How old is that filling? if it's rather recent they might not charge you. Although if you get another filling on the same tooth it's possible they won't charge you additional fee to replace the one fallen out. Filling a small cavity doesn't usually cost too much. Don't wait until it gets big.

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (12 & 11)  
#3 of 5 Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

It is less than 6 months old, so I suppose she should replace it for free. I am going to go this week. Sigh.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#4 of 5 Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 PM

I think you will probably have to pay unless you can prove the dentist did bad work.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#5 of 5 Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 PM

Unfortunately most of the time a filling falls out is because there is decay underneath, so it has to be further drilled...not just patched up. If the decay is really bad underneath it may need a root canal or to be extracted if you don't want a rc.

Since it was really recent they may pay for it. But I just had a crown done in April and now have to have the tooth extracted. The dentist doesn't claim any responsibility, he just said root canals make teeth brittle (he didn't do the root canal..that was done 2 1/2 yrs ago..he just did the crown). Also, the endodontist who did the root canal warned me I may loose the tooth any ways, so I don't personally blame anyone other than myself for not just getting the darn thing extracted in the beginning.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page