Please Help! Are composite fillings SAFE??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 03-12-2009, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need info on the safety of composite filings and on nitrous! My 3 year old dd has 12 (!!!) cavities. Her dentist wants to fill them with Gradia, a flowable filling, and Venus, a packable filling. And she would use Optibond as the adhesive. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT THESE ARE SAFE PRODUCTS TO PUT IN MY KID'S MOUTH??? Or are there better alternatives?
Of course the dentist thinks they are fine, but I need more assurance. Also, what about nitrous? She would have 6 visits with nitrous each time. Is that safe?
TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

No one has information about the possible toxicity of composite filings????
There are different kinds of filing materials and different kinds of adhesives.... The research I have done so far online has not been very helpful. What have you other mama's done? Did you just go with CLO and wait for the cavities to fill in themselves? Or did you get composite filings? If so, which brand did you use? I would love any guidance in this situation!
Thanks!
#3 of 3 Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Environmental Working Group says that composite fillings are 50% Bisphenol A (BPA), which is that toxic plastic that is found in popular water bottles and in canned food, and that children should NOT get composite fillings.

If I were you I would just try to heal the cavities naturally with nutrition.

If you want an overview of other sorts of fillings including glass, porcelain, gold, etc, look here: http://www.ada.org/public/topics/fillings.asp

Good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page