How to heal a cavity naturally - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-12-2009, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am pretty sure I have a cavity and I can tell it's getting worse and it's bothering more & more everyday. Is there any way I can help heal this cavity naturally without going to a dentist? I haven't been to a dentist for 3 years and I can tell I have some tartar buildup. Do any of you not go to a dentist? If so what other things do you do besides brushing and flossing?
#2 of 8 Old 04-13-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantinglysimple View Post
So I am pretty sure I have a cavity and I can tell it's getting worse and it's bothering more & more everyday. Is there any way I can help heal this cavity naturally without going to a dentist? I haven't been to a dentist for 3 years and I can tell I have some tartar buildup. Do any of you not go to a dentist? If so what other things do you do besides brushing and flossing?
Depending on how big it is, yes, you can heal cavities. I'm 31 and I use Xylitol. I began using after seeing it remineralize my DSs teeth. He had 16 small cavities and 1 large one. Using Xylitol toothpaste and rinse, candies, wipes and spray, all of the small cavities were totally healed; the large one was halted, but the dentist filled it this past week.

I would have left it but my DS kept getting food into it, so I had them fill it.

Anyway, since I've been using Xylitol the tartar buildup is no more, no plaque, no cavities. This is a first for me, and my mouth feels clean and fresh.
#3 of 8 Old 04-13-2009, 02:24 PM

Is Xylitol the brand name? Any idea where to buy it? (in Canada?)
#4 of 8 Old 04-13-2009, 02:26 PM

Read this thread about healing cavities with nutrition.
#5 of 8 Old 04-13-2009, 03:23 PM

xylitol products: http://www.xlear.com/
xylitol is a sugar
#6 of 8 Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM

There is a good book called Cure tooth decay that you can order online and it has a lot of good ideas, although he does not advocate xylitol or other things and I think they can be very useful.

My dd has some cvities and we added CLO into her regimen and I believe that has really really worked, as well as adding in the xylitol products and MI paste which has bioavailable phosphorus and calcium I believe, so it helps remineralize.

Also you might have a dentist in your area that does ozone treatments which I have started for my dd, and they are not very expensive here and took literally 2 minutes and zero pain or anything.

So.
#7 of 8 Old 04-18-2009, 07:49 PM

I would assume any health food store would carry it, but I actually get mine from www.epicdental.com, and www.zellies.com. Epic's is pretty slow getting here [I live in Arkansas], but the Zellies generally are here in 3 days.

Epic carries toothpaste and rinse, candy and gum. I get it all. My mom started me using it and I have to say I am so glad she did.

Some people will tell you Xylitol is expensive, but compared to dental bills it is nothing!

And as to Weston Price's Nutrition method, THAT TAKES TIME and when you have an emergency, time is something you haven't got a lot of. Just start off easy eating AND SWALLOWING Xylitol, because too much too soon can cause diarrhea in some people. I haven't had any problem, but some do...

If interested check out the following http://www.xylitolinfo.com/cms/conne...l_benefits.htm.
#8 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bamommy2 View Post

I would assume any health food store would carry it, but I actually get mine from www.epicdental.com, and www.zellies.com. Epic's is pretty slow getting here [I live in Arkansas], but the Zellies generally are here in 3 days.

Epic carries toothpaste and rinse, candy and gum. I get it all. My mom started me using it and I have to say I am so glad she did.

Some people will tell you Xylitol is expensive, but compared to dental bills it is nothing!

And as to Weston Price's Nutrition method, THAT TAKES TIME and when you have an emergency, time is something you haven't got a lot of. Just start off easy eating AND SWALLOWING Xylitol, because too much too soon can cause diarrhea in some people. I haven't had any problem, but some do...

If interested check out the following http://www.xylitolinfo.com/cms/conne...l_benefits.htm.

I realize this is an older post, but I wanted to add that Dr. Price actually saw very positive results within 3-4 months.  Doesn't take so long and heals from the inside out. :)

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page