Very loose tooth and other tooth up behind... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 5 1/2 year old son has two loose bottom front teeth. The one tooth is very very loose, he can bend it way forward, and the other one is just starting to be loose. First time he noticed the one tooth was loose was just over 2 months ago. The tooth behind the loose one is half way up and quite far back. We are concerned about the one tooth because it hasn't fallen out yet and the other one is half way up. Should we try and pull it. We have no dental coverage, so we'd really like to avoid the dentist if all they are going to do is pull it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 PM

We had the same situation here - the permanent teeth were half way in before the baby teeth fell out. My son was about the same age yours is now . I would not worry - the permanent teeth move into the correct position rather shortly. I asked our dentist about it and she said that you need to worry only if the baby teeth are not loose at all when the permanent ones start growing in.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 AM

My daughter just turned 6 and had the same thing happening, two loose baby teeth with two adult teeth pushing up behind them (they were the bottom front ones) The baby teeth fell out when the big ones were about halfway up and within 2 or 3 weeks the adult teeth looked to be in the proper position. Her pediatric dentist said not to worry about it unless an adult tooth starts coming in and the baby teeth near it are not loose at all.

User Tag List