Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And if so, how did you do it?
#2 of 71 Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 AM

I feel successful in having "halted" my ds tooth decay. at @ 13 mos he started losing enamel on his inscisors. by the time he was 15mos they were nubs. I found Drs Misner and Bybee in Pocatello ID through alternativekidsteeth or veryyoungkidsteeth (yahoo groups) (i found the yahoo group here!) ds was tested and had HIGH levels of bacteria in his mouth and more unseen decay. The Drs at kidds dental in ID were awesome they treated him on my lap "knee to knee", they worked with us on diet (weston a price).
I hear that Rami Nagels "Curing Tooth Decay" is a great book and would get you started (i just ordered it). I beleive he has a good take on the diet aspect. I am still learning everything I can.
Dr Bybee did ozone on ds teeth to kill bacteria (and colloidial silver). we elected to pull the two inscisors in office with a local which went smoothly. i am ten hours away from Pocatello and we were afraid they would abcess. ds also had six temporary fillings at that visit. There is no drilling etc they scrape the tooth and place the temp fillings. ds cried but was pretty smooth overall. He loves Dr Bybee. we still have all of our temp fillings even the one on the front of his front tooth. My ds is three and a half now! I have been back to Pocatello each fall. (so three visits total) each fall the past two years ds has developed one tiny brown spot and I go up and dr bybee places a temporary (fuji) filling. I am confident that with persistence and continued dietary efforts I can halt this entirely.
Diet wise we do cod liver oil (clo) from radient life catalogue (internet) Quantum CLO (high potency), bone broths, raw milk, raw yoghurt, lots of good "grass fed" butter. lots of alkaline vegis (juicer) I am a master at hiding vegis in stuff he likes. the homeopathic cal flor and/or the "bioplasma" cell salts which are trace minerals. Dr Misner gave us really good trace mineral supplement to get us started. A good sea salt is important for minerals (celtic sea salt).
we brush two or three times a day with xylitol and now we also use toms of maine silly strawberry w/out floride. I use baking soda occassionally with the xylitol as it really helps alkalize the mouth. dr misner had quite the protocol in the beginning. it was a ton of work but so worth it.
I feel that "gut health" has been a key element in halting ds decay. I took him off "carbs" completely for three months and he gained three pounds! Dr Bybee recommended The Specific Carbohydrate Diet for healing the gut. Diet wise dr misner said: moderate meat, low cerel (esp the white bread, crackers) high alkaline (lots of vegis) high calcium diet. my only regret is I wish I had found Kidds Dental sooner. I think my son gets a cavity in the fall because he eats to much fruit in the summer. I now limit him to 1/4c of fruit a day, or less. And i keep the fruit local and seasonal the enamel on baby teeth is so soft, its important to be very proactive. I cant recommend Kidds Dental enough
(208) 478 5437 or info@kiddsdental.com. I felt silly at first driving ten hours each way, but it was so worth it. I am still searching for a local dentist I like. It gets easier as ds gets older and more willing to cooperate. Initally I was trying to control the decay until he was old enough to sit still for the work, but I really think these baby teeth are going to last him. Last fall the brown spot was hard and that is great.
sorry this is so long. So many people have helped me along my journey. If I can provide more info I will be happy to! find ozone therapy if you can to stop the decay right away. the two yahoo groups have lists of ozone dentists around the country. there are not very many but more dentist are becoming interested in ozone esp for kids dentristry. Ozone has been hugh in europe for ten years or more. Work through diet to balance body chemistry. get Rami Nagels new book "Curing Tooth Decay" best of luck
#3 of 71 Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainytown View Post
And if so, how did you do it?
YES!!! My DS had severe ECC when he was 18 mos old, it was so bad his 4 upper front teeth were orange/brown and crumbling, plus according to his dentist he also had cavities in most of the rest of his little teeth. But the pediatric dentist thought he had fluorosis [fluoride] induced ECC.

Anyway at that time the dentist wanted to do major surgery [$3400 worth], fortunately for me and my son the dentist could not get an immediate operating room in the local hospital. So we had up to a year to do something.

I'll be honest, my mom is the computer person in our family. She began researching/reading everything she could find. And she bought the majority of the stuff we tried. Finally she settled on homeopathic cell salts good for bones and teeth health. She also bought a few remedies recommended to stop the crumbling.

Then she landed on Dr. Ellie's site www.zellies.com and read about Xylitol. Which lead to www.xlear.com and www.epicdental.com. But she also printed off tons and tons of information about Xylitol for me to read.

We make my ds's toothpaste [Tom's of Maine Silly Strawberry fluoride-free plus 1 tsp Xylitol] and a rinse [1 tsp = 4 grams + 2 tsp water, we use bottled water] which he swishes in his mouth 2 to 3 times daily. He gets 2 to 4 candies after each meal and before bed...he use to chew the gum but not any more.

We use Spiffies or SPRY 'Rain' when we go shopping.

Anyway, at 3 he fell and broke the root in one of his upper front teeth; I eventually had to have that pulled after he developed an abscess plus he had one filling done. I forget the exact cost but it wasn't more than $200.

As of today, his teeth are looking good. I didn't take him back to the pediatric dentist, but found a family dentist who was very gentle with him plus he's right down the road from our home.

Reversing ECC can be done; I will make one statement that is really, REALLY true: If you're going to do this, you MUST BE diligent and consistent all the time. I was blessed because I'm a single mom and must work, so my mom has been doing this for my ds and it's because of her love for us that he is now ECC free. At least that's what I think.
#4 of 71 Old 06-16-2009, 03:17 PM

Ramiel Nagel tells how he cured his 1 yo daughter's tooth decay in his book Cure Tooth Decay.

He basically followed Dr. Weston Price's protocol.

Emily
#5 of 71 Old 06-18-2009, 01:04 PM

i am so glad i found this!
have you all breastfed? did the dentist try and say that was the issue? from what i read on kellymom it isn't the breastmilk but that he might have poor pH level in his mouth and that it might be because we shared cups? (sorry this is my youngest ds).
the westonprice diet has helped?

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#6 of 71 Old 06-18-2009, 01:09 PM

falling horse: was there any dentist in maine that did ozone treatment on that list? thanks

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#7 of 71 Old 06-20-2009, 01:36 PM

In short:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been trying and difficult at times, but there are definate things you can do that WILL work.

1. Diet. Adding raw milk/rawmilk cheeses, cod liver oil, lots of deep green veg., grassfed meats and pastured eggs and fresh seafood.
2. Xylitol products constantly
3. HealOzone treatment/s
4. Water after everything they eat

That has worked for us exceedingly well, YOU CAN DO THIS!
Willow2010 likes this.
#8 of 71 Old 06-20-2009, 01:47 PM

We're doing it, too. Our dentist declared DD's decay ARRESTED. We do all of what other moms have mentioned. Ozone, xylitol, MI-paste, Hydrogen Peroxide rinse, limited carbs, fresh fruit not dried fruit, lots of green leafies and seaweed.

By the way, DD is still nursing at 3.5 years old, and our dentist is very pro-extended bf'ing.

After seeing several dentists who not only advised immediate weaning, but only had surgery in their arsenal (to the tune of several thousand dollars), it has been wonderful working with our dentist who sees my child as a whole person, not just a set of teeth.
Willow2010 likes this.
#9 of 71 Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much!

Have any of you managed to have dental successes without night weaning?

Thanks again - I'm trying all your suggestions.
#10 of 71 Old 07-13-2009, 08:49 PM

Ok so I'm confused:
I read on some posts that xylitol is GOOD for the teeth then others that say it's safety isn't proven and has shown to be toxic????
#11 of 71 Old 07-14-2009, 10:32 AM

My story is very similar to all of the rest. My 18 month had decay in her four front top teeth and on her two molars. No issue with the bottom teeth. I did BF until she was 3 and 2 months. The original dentist I chose also mentioned juice(which she hadn't been given yet AND BFing at night). Well, I wasn't a believer in this but who knows. I suppose she may have had an issue that made her more susceptible to having all of that milk in her mouth all night.

Anyway, I found Dr. Cramer at the Center for Cosmetic Dentistry in Madison (luckily just 15 minutes away). They do healozone and gave me much better news than the first dentist who recommend surgery and a $2500 bill. I have gone about 3-4X year now for the past 2 years. It has been costly but well worth it. he lets me lay her on my chest and does the work. The first few times it was hard on her but now, at 3.5 years old, she lays in the chair by herself.

We use Xylitol a few times/day ( I only know that it is toxic to dogs). We also really concentrate on brushing. We use MI Paste too. It is supposed to put essential minerals back into the enamel. Not sure about how it works or if it works but I feel better using it.

I also looked into the WAP diet and try to follow as much as I can but my daughter is a very picky eater.

I highly recommend giving it a try no matter how far you have to travel. The ozone stops the decay for up to 3 months until you can get a handle on it. We went back a few times just to make sure because she's not the best brusher.
Willow2010 likes this.
#12 of 71 Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much!

I didn't night wean.
#13 of 71 Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 AM

One other thing I forgot to mention that is important to know. I kept going back to our wonderful dentist because I was so sure that her teeth we wearing down to the root. They were getting so short due to a lack of enamel...they would chip. Well, they are very short and no where near the root. So, they look weird to me but are not hurting her.(the other dentist wanted to get he in immediately...surgery at 18 months old...no way!!!) So, once I realized this, I knew I had time to work with all of the things the other posters posted. You have time...don't stress too much.
#14 of 71 Old 07-16-2009, 03:37 AM

I don't mean to high jack a thread but what do you guys think about starting out when my son is almost 4. He has pretty bad tooth decay and has just now started to complain of some pain. I have taken him to 2 dentist (my ped dentist and my own holistic dentist) and they both say that we should go for the surgery. I do not want to do that. I have been doing a lot of reading about this way of treatment. I just wonder if my son's decay is too far progressed. Our insurance won't cover the hospital's side of things just the dental part of the surgery so it would be 7-8 grand out of pocket for us to do the surgery. I have a bad feeling about it and want to stay as far away as possible from surgery. Reading all your posts has been so encouraging to me.
#15 of 71 Old 07-16-2009, 09:14 AM

hadassah, from what I understand you can always give Healozone a try. As for the other dental/diet protocols (xylitol, MI paste, cod liver oil, etc) those take time, its not an overnight difference in the teeth. The biggest concern from what I'm aware of is an infection in the root of the teeth. If that happens (called an abcess) there is a chance the tooth would have to be pulled anyway. My son has never had an abcess up to now though. Decaying teeth IMO is a situation that has to be monitored closely and really, only xrays show how deep the decay is. I'd start by going to a dentist that practices healozone and see what they recommend. I don't know where you're located, but Dr. Hollander in PA is phenomenal. (FWIW even though I've posted how we've had success with remineralization, I am not at all against typical methods of extraction if the teeth are in bad enough shape to warrant that. One of my son's teeth we are keeping a very close eye on, the decay hasn't completely stopped, eventually it may need a pulpotomy despite all my efforts from age 2 and on!) Good luck. Sande
#16 of 71 Old 07-17-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Ok so I'm confused:
I read on some posts that xylitol is GOOD for the teeth then others that say it's safety isn't proven and has shown to be toxic????
I am interested in finding someone who says Xylitol's safety hasn't been proven: go tell that to the Finns who have been using for over 40 yrs. Take a look at the following links:

http://www.zellies.com/store.asp?pid=9839

http://www.zellies.com/store.asp?pid=9688&catid=19708

My just turned 4 yr old DS has been using [or we have been using it on him] now for over 2 yrs and his dentist and doctor say Xylitol was the best thing we could have done for him.

If it is toxic, WHY is the US Military giving it to our troops? Do the research yourself.

It does have a laxative effect on some children and adults. But there have not been any deaths or disabilities because of its use. My mom can't take a lot [she's 64], but my DS has eaten almost a whole jar of zellies Cool Fruit with no effect.

Now dogs cannot eat it, because it is toxic to them, especially the Toy breeds. But then there are a lot of other human foods we should not give our dogs either.

As you can see I get irritated by folks downing Xylitol. I think it is great. My DS has not been to the dentist since having his little abscessed tooth extracted. His teeth are doing wonderful and we didn't do ANY of Weston Price's diet. It took about 2.5 yrs to go from extreme severe ECC to cavity-free and he only lost one tooth and had another one filled. AND he is very very healthy!
countryangels likes this.
#17 of 71 Old 07-19-2009, 01:38 AM

Hello ladies! If i may have some of your time...i have a bit to say if thats ok!
First off i thank you all for all the info and sharing with me. this in itself has given me some relief.
My little one is 22 months currently; I first realized white spots on her four front teeth when she was 18 months, we brought her to the local dentist immediately and they turned me away saying its nothing to worry about, a month later the craters start forming, brought her back again and boy they sure loved accusing me of not brushing her teeth right (which i have been washing her gums with organic toothpaste from the time i brought her home) AND THEN they blamed it on me breastfeeding and that there is no reason for me to be STILL breastfeeding. Anyways they said she is too young for them to do anything and that i was to start giving her tap water (for the flouride) and stop breastfeeding, especially overnight.
Well i HAVE NOT stopped breastfeeding, cuz i think thats nonesense, but i did start giving her tap water....i stopped that after a month once i dug in and did some research on how toxic it is.

So two months ago the craters got deeper and starting going brown, they then decided that they would try to fill them, they gave her sedation in the office-but it wouldnt sedate her and they said she is too wiggly...sent me home and made an apointment to do dental surgery with possible extraction..

I have been stressing and crying since, i dont want her teeth to be pulled, but i also dont want them to abscess, and more then anything I AM TERRIFIED OF HER BEING PUT UNDER GENERAL ANST. i just cant go through with it. They aren't getting her in till november...blessing in disguise?! I think so, because this has given me time to do some research on holistic approaches. I use only homeopathic medicine for every other aspect of my life, why not dentistry?

Well i spoke to Ramiel Nagal, an amazing and helpful man; I am going to start the special diet including:
NO GRAINS, NO EXCEPTIONS
Cod Live Oil 3x a day
Cooking proteins in Ghee
A general increase in healthy proteins
Minimal fruits and low acidic and sweet fruits
Cooked Vegetables
Raw Milk as much as possible
Raw butter 3x daily
Digestive Enzymes
Live and Bone Broths
Hig willlity soft cheese
and continuing with the liquid multi vitamins and xylitol

Here are my issues:
1)My daughter is THE MOST pickiest eater-she lives off of carbs and fruits. she
will not eat protein or vegetables and the only milk she'll have is from my booby.
So im really scared she'll starve! no seriously, she very well could start losing weight. and she can not afford that- she is only 23lbs :S
Rami says her weight issue is all due to nutrition, even though i thought i was doing things right by buying organic and lots of produce-the lack of protein and calcium is the main cause in her tooth decay and her weight problems- she is also only 32 inches tall...

2)She has gluten intolerance, more of a recent health concern, I am as well and for the first year adn half she hasnt had any grains that contain gluten, but because of her weight issue and her first test results came up negative; we began to allow her to eat whatever carbs she would eat. BUT this month we have taken her back off the gluten because she has more signs of gluten intolerance. Because of this she also doesnt do well with lactose- SO do you think putting her on raw milk would be the greatest idea? almost a catch 22.

Does anyone of have any ideas of how i can get her to eat more veggies, less fruit and importantly the liver and other proteins??

From speaking to Rami and my own intense research, I think its apparant that my daughter has malabsorption or vitamin deficienies. I hoping if i find a good digestive enzyme, continue with healing aloe vera drink, that her intestines will heal and the mineral supplements will work better. I feel like a terrible person, if i would have researched this 5 months ago i would have been able to stop the cavities from even starting a hole. i wouldnt have fallen for what the dentists have been saying to me and my daughters overall health would be better.
here's to hoping i can stop the damage.

Another question, if thats ok. I am a vegetarian, and i dont believe in consuming animal products, plus it tastes and smells horrifying...for me anyways. but according to the diet i need to throw my vegetarian lifestyle out the window- what do you think is the right thing to do? any other vegetarians out there who are going through the same thing?
this diet almost sounds like an anti-candida diet eh, i bet it'll get rid of any nasty candida hanging about.

and does anyone know of an ozone dentist in the prairies of canada? i am from such a small town, no one here is really holistic, i feel quite like the oddball- no one elses kids have cavities and most of the other moms raise their eye brows at my home-made remedies, anti-vaccines, organic only, long term breastfeeding way of life lol.
thanks for listening...thanks for replying and the best of luck on your continuing journey!
Willow2010 likes this.
#18 of 71 Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 PM

We are in the middle of the decay battle and very hopeful. I feel guilty for not being clued in sooner. DS fell, not bad falls, but normal kid falls when he was about 18 months and got very severe chips on the 2 teeth on either side of his front teeth - they are barely there. Well, now, 6 months later he has cavities in 3 teeth. So, we just got Green Pasture cod liver/butter oil - what dose do people use of this? Got xylitol and we are brushing often. Also, I read a study someone posted about cheese after you brush but before bed, so we are doing that before naps and bed. I've made raw milk ice cream because he will not drink milk.

We had to wean at 2 so I could get pregnant again and he still longs for mommy milk. 7 months from now he can have some more!

He really is so healthy. He never even gets colds, nevermind anything worse, so I really didn't think this would happen. I hope we are on the right path now.
#19 of 71 Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much!

we did not night wean. my almost 4yr ds nurses to sleep and upon waking. he asks now for his waterbottle (sigg/nozzle) to rinse his teeth off! He will grow up to be a great wrestler!!! (i loved the Mongolia superfood article!)
#20 of 71 Old 07-22-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bamommy2 View Post
I am interested in finding someone who says Xylitol's safety hasn't been proven: go tell that to the Finns who have been using for over 40 yrs. Take a look at the following links:

http://www.zellies.com/store.asp?pid=9839

http://www.zellies.com/store.asp?pid=9688&catid=19708

My just turned 4 yr old DS has been using [or we have been using it on him] now for over 2 yrs and his dentist and doctor say Xylitol was the best thing we could have done for him.

If it is toxic, WHY is the US Military giving it to our troops? Do the research yourself.

It does have a laxative effect on some children and adults. But there have not been any deaths or disabilities because of its use. My mom can't take a lot [she's 64], but my DS has eaten almost a whole jar of zellies Cool Fruit with no effect.

Now dogs cannot eat it, because it is toxic to them, especially the Toy breeds. But then there are a lot of other human foods we should not give our dogs either.

As you can see I get irritated by folks downing Xylitol. I think it is great. My DS has not been to the dentist since having his little abscessed tooth extracted. His teeth are doing wonderful and we didn't do ANY of Weston Price's diet. It took about 2.5 yrs to go from extreme severe ECC to cavity-free and he only lost one tooth and had another one filled. AND he is very very healthy!
I read post by JaneS i believe saying it's safety hasn't been proven so THAT'S why i'm asking. If i can find them again i will show you. I don't know anything about xylitol so I'm not saying it's good or bad.. BUT
To think anything should be safe because it's given to our troops isnt the best idea, imo. They shoot them up with terrible vaccines amongst other things but that's a whole different discussion.
mama*pisces likes this.
#21 of 71 Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
I read post by JaneS i believe saying it's safety hasn't been proven so THAT'S why i'm asking. If i can find them again i will show you. I don't know anything about xylitol so I'm not saying it's good or bad.. BUT
To think anything should be safe because it's given to our troops isnt the best idea, imo. They shoot them up with terrible vaccines amongst other things but that's a whole different discussion.
That's true, but Xylitol is now also being used in Day and Child Care Centers across the US; and have for the past 40 or more years been used by the Finns and Swedes in their countries, with no deaths or severe illness caused by its use.

Now dogs should not get Xylitol, especially Toy breeds, it can be toxic to them; and possibly cats, I'm not sure about that. But there are lots of other human food stuff that is also toxic to animals.

All I know, 100% positive, is it reversed my son's severe ECC! And if you want to see a healthy kid, even his dr told me if all children were as healthy as he is, he [the doc] would be out of business!
#22 of 71 Old 07-28-2009, 12:34 AM

My Lo is almost 12mo. His teeth look fine.

Q - should I start all of these things if his teeth look OK?? As a preventative measure. And when should I take him to the dentist for the 1st time?

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#23 of 71 Old 07-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runes View Post
MI-paste,
Can someone tell me what this is?

Thanks

Lola , loving my DH, Mama to & we &
#24 of 71 Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM

#25 of 71 Old 09-13-2009, 04:07 PM

Hi Hipsands, Can you tell me the cost of the healozone with Dr. Hollander? He recommended somebody in CA that we can go, I just want to get info on the cost so we know. Thanks!! Good luck on your effort.. you are an inspiration to all the moms in this board
#26 of 71 Old 09-19-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Ok so I'm confused:
I don't know where the moms get their info saying Xylitol's safety has not been proven, because it has been USED for 60-odd years in Finland. And from the info my mom has found, Finnish dentist recommend it over any fluoride product - that should tell you something!

Here in the US it has been tested for the past 25 years. NO HUMAN BEING has ever died from using Xylitol. BUT dogs do. Dogs should not be given anything with Xylitol in it, especially small or toy breeds!

However, having said that, if you use Xylitol especially in a child start low and slow. Their digestive tracts are not like an adults, so we shouldn't treat them the same way.

I began using Xylitol on my DSs teeth when he was 18 months old. He had severe ECC. I say fortunately for us they did not have an available operating room or he would be missing all of his upper 4 front teeth, have 2 root canals and 16 cavities filled; instead just recently [this past summer] he had 1 tooth extracted and one filling filled. All the rest remineralized! I have x-rays to prove it.

Too much Xylitol too often can cause diarrhea in some children and adults. My mom and DS could not tolerate too much to begin with; now my brother's DDs [same age as my DS] it didn't bother them at all. Not even in the beginning. And I use it with my youngest at 2 yrs and it doesn't bother her either.

Now my DS can eat up to 15 -20 grams with no side effects. Grandma can't, but she doesn't have real teeth so shes not worried.
#27 of 71 Old 09-19-2009, 10:37 PM

We, my mom and I, used homeopathic cell salts for my DSs teeth and bones. These supply the needed minerals to make strong bones and teeth. We still use them though on a maintenance dose. We started out using the 30X, but now use 6X.

Calc Phos - bone health, gives solidity to bones and assists in building strong teeth.

Calc Fluor
- assists with improving enamel of teeth and malnutrition of bones.

Mag Phos - quick pain relief with symptoms associated with toothache, teething children & bone development.

Silica - assists in building strong connective tissue to support deficient assimilation.

Bones that are strong and healthy from a young age are more likely to remain strong and healthy throughout our lives. As we all know Calcium is important for strong bones. Calcium is not just essential for strong healthy bones, but also for healthy muscles. Magnesium is also found in our bones and works with Calcium to build strong structures.

The pills are tiny, dissolve instantly in the mouth, and taste ok. Two pills three times daily.

My DSs dentist has remarked about his strong, healthy teeth! This of a little guy with extreme, severe ECC at 18 months.

My mom gets the homeopathics from www.elixirs.com or www.1-800homeopathy.com. She usually buys the 1000 amount. They're cheaper that way.
countryangels and Willow2010 like this.
#28 of 71 Old 09-20-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bamommy2 View Post
I don't know where the moms get their info saying Xylitol's safety has not been proven, because it has been USED for 60-odd years in Finland. And from the info my mom has found, Finnish dentist recommend it over any fluoride product - that should tell you something!
As A Finn I can recommendate Xylitol to everyone. Not only it keeps teeth safe but it also keeps ear infections at bay.

After every meal, xyltol gum in your mouth for 5 minutes and it will work. Here in Finland we also have all kinds of xylitol candy, many daycares and schools use xyltol after meals. I have no idea where and who have gotten the idea that it doesn't work. Because it does.

OK, if your child eats whole package of natural xyltol gum he or she will have a diarrhea for a day but that's all.

Anything of course is poison if you eat it truckloads.

And yes, xylitol is no no for doggies.
#29 of 71 Old 03-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Ok so I'm confused:
I think you just have to look into it and decide for yourself. Our dentist is pro xylitol and MI paste and does the healozone and I believe it is with his help and belief that she could be healed without surgery that has gotten us where we are so I trust him fully, but you need to look into it and decide for yourself.
#30 of 71 Old 03-19-2010, 01:19 AM

melots mom-
from my experience, having been raised vegan until about age 4-5, not eating animal foods is bad for your teeth, generally im sure there are vegetarians who have nice teeth but i was not one of them, nor were my parents who were also veg at the time they concieved and raised me.
i wasnt eating much meat, and fed my son lots of organic food but it was mostly carbs, crackers, beans, rice, rice milk etc. he ended up with multiple cavs and had to have surgery at age 3 for it. it sucked a lot. now he eats meat and whole milk and hasnt had a new cavity since age 3.5 and he is 8. go with the animal foods, at least for your child, it is so worth having healthy teeth. also, gluten really doesnt do anyone good, especially a kid who is so picky, that pickyness, which is kind of like a craving or even an addiction to sugar and carbs, can be a symptom of grain intolerance.
Willow2010 likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page