Can anyone tell me what this sharp bony projection is growing from just below my gum line? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-09-2009, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this. About a month ago I was running my finger over my lower gum line and noticed a sharp bony projection sticking out (completely covered by gum tissue) from just below my gum line between my first and second molars. It is a raised ridge about 1/3 inch in length. I have no pain from the area unless I rub it a lot with my finger. The gum tissue will then get sore over the sharp area. I had my last dental appt. just over a year ago. I remember the hygienist checking my gums very thoroughly at that time and feel certain it was not present.

I do eat a traditional foods diet with a good bit of raw pastured dairy. I've also been taking 2 tsp HVCLO per day this summer to keep up with my increased vitamin A needs due to intense detoxing. I wonder if this could be an overgrowth of bone? I also do oil pulling fairly regularly and have been detoxing/chelating for several years. I'm not worried about it and we don't have any dental or health insurance at this time. Anyone have experience with anything of this nature?

Thanks so much,
Moneca
#2 of 3 Old 08-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Have you recently had a tooth removed there? (like wisdom teeth)
I know that its pretty common to get bone shards/spurs "floating" in gum tissue with removal. My husband and I both experienced that, where all the sudden a little shard was partially exposed, dentist numbed it up and pulled it out of mine, my husband was able to just pull his out. If they are more imbedded it would depend on how much discomfort its causing whether or not you would want to have it surgically removed. My grandma told me that she had this happen for over a year after a tooth removal.
My younger brother also had an extra tooth come in sideways in his jaw line...

those are my thoughts anyway!

mom of twins.gif boys born 9/13/05 and dog2.gifdog2.gif

#3 of 3 Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your information. I had my wisdom teeth removed in 1997, so quite a bit ago.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page