Wisdom teeth rotting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-08-2004, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 29 years old and I have all 4 of my wisdom teeth. Since I was 17 I have had several dentists tell me that I need to have all 4 removed. But I only believe in removing them as a last resort if they are causing problems. The 2 top ones are fine. Meaning, they have broken through and have not given me any problems for years. The bottom two had not broken through until recently (maybe in the past 2 years). However, since there isn't enough room in my mouth, the bottom 2 do not have enough room to fully break through. So they are each partially exposed. Food gets caught in the "pockets" that the teeth have formed. However, I am pretty good about getting to food out after I eat. Recently, like in the past few weeks, I have noticed that my tooth brush smells like really bad breath when I am brushing. Upon further investigating, I found that it only smells when I brush the bottom 2 wisdom teeth, or the backs of the teeth they are touching. Once I rinse off the "bad breath" smell from my tooth brush, the smell goes away from the tooth brush, but reappears if I do it again. When I realised this, I applied clove bud oil to them, but had an allergic reaction to the oil.

So I am looking to try to fix this problem before I need dental intervention. My teeth don't hurt. Is there some kind of oil, or alcohol or anything I can put on the teeth to kill the bacteria that I am guessing are causing the smell before my teeth become too rotted? I tried clove bud oil because I have had at least one dentist use it on a tooth after it was drilled. He told me he was using it to kill bacteria.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Lauren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2004, 02:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tea Tree Oil.....you can put a drop on your toothbrush or delete it and use it as a mouthwash....It's an antibacterial. Oregano oil is also an antibacterial, but you have to be very careful and DEFINITELY dilute it. It will burn the mucous membranes. I have used both with success.

User Tag List