Do you have two little holes in the roof of your mouth?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-21-2009, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you look in the roof of your mouth, on the hard palate near where it connects to the soft palate, do you have two little holes in the middle?

I have them, but my mom doesn't. My sister has one only on one side. Google tells me very little except this thread...

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic42585.html

There are quite a few other people that comment and say they have them.

I'm mystified and a little freaked out! Does anyone else have these holes? Help!

And um...I checked my cat and he has them.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#2 of 2 Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They are most likely ducts that drain your excess saliva....I know the little holes under your tounge are the sublingual salivary glands and ducts. Some people can control them voluntarily and split when they lift their tounge up.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page