Does this sound like safe filling material? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-15-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our traditional dentist uses 4 Seasons Composite, and this is the MSDS: http://www.ivoclarvivadent.us/4seasons/MSDS.pdf

I have NO idea what these ingredients are, is there anything in it super unsafe?

I need to get my dd in to have a filling asap. I've looked around at possible holistic dentists, but I honestly don't really know if their materials are much safer... Are their any KNOWN safe filling materials that I could specifically look for?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

So in researching all day, "safer" alternatives seem to be:
Porcelain, though there seems to be a concern in it being too hard, or causing breakage of the tooth long term. Gold also seems to be a "safer" option as well...

Anyone use either of these, or do most people just settle for the composite their dentist uses?
#3 of 4 Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 AM

the heading for section 2.1 sure makes you wonder. however i doubt you are going to find a "safe for ingestion" material that will also work as a tooth filler, so the word "safe" is going to be relative. once hardened id imagine it remains as such. leeching over time would be my immediate concern but im not sure you will be able to find that information (i only saw heat (>150-c) and sunlight as source for instability). thanks for posting the pdf, interesting. this gives me yet another question for the dentist, thanks.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. --Jiddu Krishnamurti
#4 of 4 Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah,
After much more research yesterday, I did find an article that links the ingredient Bis GMA to leaching... Sigh... After many hours of looking into this, it doesn't seem like there are any "safer" options. So now to find the "least harmful"...

Would STILL love suggestions on what others have done in regards to fillings!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page